• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Seat in the Office

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The plane seat discussion got me thinking about what the best place is to sit in the office. At first I thought it was close to the cafe, but then it made me fat.
Another good spot is where cell phone coverage is best.

I decided that the the closest seat to the exterior door is best. No, not the guard desk! :) This allows me to scramble in at the last minute and get started right away. It also make for a quick get-away.

You?

Geoff

I telecommute. At the moment, the best seat is on my sofa. Sometimes, I change it up and the best seat is in my recliner but my kitties prefer it when I'm on the sofa so they can crash next to me while I'm working. In the recliner, one of them ends up as a neck warmer and the other bitches at me to get out of her chair. I have a nice Herman Miller Aeron in the office in my summer place. I usually prefer the living room unless I have to drag out a bunch of equipment or I'm scanning something and need access to my all-in-one printer.

bvibert

Staff member
I like to be tucked away in the back somewhere so that only people with a good reason bother to come find me. Unfortunately since we recently downsized the facility I'm now located right off of the main hallway. There's almost no shot of getting a window here, so that's not even a consideration.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
i'm right front center.. if i'm posting on AZ like now i'm busted always within 10 minutes. and of course I'll do my work for 45 minutes and take a little break and that's when the big guys come by. why is that???

snowmonster

My back is to the door and anyone can see what I have on my computer. I have to keep my door open and guests sneak into the visitor's chair every now and then without knocking. I'm afraid I'll get a heart attack one of these days from the fright. My desk faces the window. Because I'm required to go green as much as possible, my blinds are always up and the sunlight is blinding. So, I guess I have it bad.

The also pay me to stare out at this crummy view all day:

view11.jpg

It's a lousy life but it pays the bills.=(

soposkier

My back is to the door and anyone can see what I have on my computer. I have to keep my door open and guests sneak into the visitor's chair every now and then without knocking. I'm afraid I'll get a heart attack one of these days from the fright. My desk faces the window. Because I'm required to go green as much as possible, my blinds are always up and the sunlight is blinding. So, I guess I have it bad.

The also pay me to stare out at this crummy view all day:

view11.jpg

It's a lousy life but it pays the bills.=(

looks like you get a nice view of the runners on the esplanade path when it is warm out

deadheadskier

Staff member
Never had a desk job and hope I never have one. I've always managed restaurants or worked in sales where I spend more time in my car than I do at a desk.

ScottySkis

Work in shipping and receiving of online store, so no desk for me,most of my posting comes from my phone.

SkiFanE

Any seat. My project was canned Tuesday (after 4 years and finish line 6 mos away), 3 days not knowing wtf was going on w my job. But alas I appear to be safe for a month and 90% sure good after that (and on better project in the end). So any stinking seat will do!!! But I love my gray cube that is closest to side door for easy escapes.

Warp Daddy

Had a fairly nice office on the top floor of a high rise in the corner could see the whole campus and the River that runs thru it But That said it was a FISHBOWL ( open door policy ) and too damn big

so i had a small "study " in an adjacent room where i actually did my busy work and used the other one for the meetings with public, students, staff and faculty and gripping and grinning with donors

hammer

Spend half the day working from home and the other half in the office. Have my own room...a bit on the small side (8x10 or so) but it faces north so no glaring sun. Up on the 4th floor but it looks over a parking lot. No official open door policy but people only close their doors when they are in a telecon or need the privacy.

We're moving in a few months to a smaller building, offices on the first floor. Main thing I'll miss is being within walking distance to a Panera Bread.