• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone ever do any of this?

gmcunni

i got to do something like this at the Lime Rock track in CT. did the skip barber racing school 1 day thing many years ago.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
i got to do something like this at the Lime Rock track in CT. did the skip barber racing school 1 day thing many years ago.

What kind of car were you driving? Must have been fun! My buddy was in a Nascar car in the poconos, but - like to make right turns also and more interested in road or F1 types of tracks as opposed to Indy and Nascar.

gmcunni

What kind of car were you driving? Must have been fun! My buddy was in a Nascar car in the poconos, but - like to make right turns also and more interested in road or F1 types of tracks as opposed to Indy and Nascar.

drove different cars.

a viper around a small oval-ish track.

drove a pickup truck on a skid pad

drove a neon in a braking course

on the big track we drove an open cockpit mini formula 1 kind of car.
skip-barber-formula-_460x0w.jpg

ctenidae

I did a track day at Limerock, drove their M3 for four hours. So much fun.

Love that video at around 1:25, a shot in the engine bay when he hits the brakes and it compresses the camera mount

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I did a track day at Limerock, drove their M3 for four hours. So much fun.

Love that video at around 1:25, a shot in the engine bay when he hits the brakes and it compresses the camera mount

That's exactly the type of car that I'd love to get on a track.

APR, the company that made the video I posted, is a company that mods audis and vw's. They had a bunch of cars down in Miami this past weekend, including the R8 the video was taken from.