Bluetooth in your car

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bluetooth in your car

Anyone know how to install or how to get a kit to hook up bluetooth in your vehicle? I've been trying to find something for my 2006 Audi a4 but haven't had any luck. My girlfriend has it in her truck and it really is nice to be handsfree when talking on the phone. She got hers hooked up by installing a new CD player but that really isn't an option in my vehicle...

Earpiece?

Yeah im not a fan of those really No I really want it through the speakers

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?etyozi

while talking hands free, do you still use your hand to accentuate your talking

My wife used a BlueAnt system that worked really well. Not through the car's stereo, but it's like a speaker phone that clips to your visor. Had great sound, good noise isolation, and maybe too good a range (if she forgot to turn it off, it would try to pick up her cell phone in the house from the garage). Voice activation, phonebook, etc etc.
    “The true pioneer of civilization is not the newspaper, not religion, not the railroad - but whiskey!”
    -Mark Twain

Have you checked with Audi? They may have had something available that worked with the factory stereo.

Brian

I haven't checked with Audi direct but from what I've read they charge you a ridiculous price. I will now call just to see what they say. Ive seen some stuff on amazon but the reviews are always 50/50 and I dont want to purchase something I don't know how to install or not know if it's going to work.

I have seen the blueant product and it does look pretty good especially after your review but if there is a way to hook it through my own audio system id rather do that. Especially since the functions are there on my steering wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Stef View Post

I have seen the blueant product and it does look pretty good especially after your review but if there is a way to hook it through my own audio system id rather do that. Especially since the functions are there on my steering wheel
    Hardwiring it is a whole other kettle of fish. A car stereo shop could probably set you up somehow. Odd for Audi to include the buttons if the car's not set up with a system, though.
    “The true pioneer of civilization is not the newspaper, not religion, not the railroad - but whiskey!”
    -Mark Twain

What buttons do you have on the steering wheel, just audio controls for the radio, or something specifically for answering calls? If its the latter I'd think that you already have the capability in the car, it just needs to be setup. Like c-ten said, its unlike Audi to put in buttons that don't do anything. If not I'd also recommend checking with a stereo shop, I'm almost certain there's an after market solution that would integrate into you existing radio. Be prepared though; the last time I looked into such a system it wasn't particularly cheap, and that was just for the unit I would have installed it myself. Its worth looking into though.
    Last edited by bvibert; May 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM.
    Brian

there are two buttons that when i press them it comes up in my screen control "no function" I bought the car used and unfortunately there is no manual...and it is a real pain to find answers on how to figure this out. Turning my blutetooth on for my phone doesn't trigger anything in the vehicle. I guess I will try to call audi or a stereo shop or look for a manual to order online.

I have done some research on the blue ant and some other manufacturers and they definitely are a little pricey ($150+).

Thread Information