• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do You Whiten Your Teeth?

Do You Whiten Your Teeth?

• Yes, do it myself

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes, have it professionally done

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Nope

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters

drjeff

2 words for you - white strips! They're seriously what I use for about 98% of my patients bleaching requests, and the only difference between the "professional" white strips that I sell in my office vs. the white strips you can by at your local pharmacy is what is in the pharmacy now was what I sold in my office before Crest came out with their latest version (what I sell now), and when Crest comes out with their next version, then what I sell now will be available in the pharma cy. Plus, there hasn't been any mega changes in the chemistry of their bleach in many years, just some minor changes to the buffering agents to further reduce the chances of post bleaching temperature sensitivity

deadheadskier

Staff member
Cue the jokes

My brother's 6'7" friend dropped me on my face from his shoulder height when I was 9 years old and most of my top 6 front teeth were completely smashed out.

I had them capped, but the dentist I went to as a kid used Resin caps that started to fail after 15 years. I had them replaced with porcelain about 10 years ago. It cost me a ton of money, but they've been perfect every since. I don't bother whitening the rest of my teeth as the 6 top front ones are really all you see.

Puck it

Cue the jokes

My brother's 6'7" friend dropped me on my face from his shoulder height when I was 9 years old and most of my top 6 front teeth were completely smashed out.

I had them capped, but the dentist I went to as a kid used Resin caps that started to fail after 15 years. I had them replaced with porcelain about 10 years ago. It cost me a ton of money, but they've been perfect every since. I don't bother whitening the rest of my teeth as the 6 top front ones are really all you see.

So are you saying you bleach your other end snce your teeth are all set?

drjeff

giving crest strips a try.. not cheap, we;ll see if they work.

Trust me when I say that I've never once read any conclusive, double blind research studies, that show that any of the "cheap" methods will do anything more than at best just remove some superficial food stains, until you then go have another cup of coffee/glass of red wine, etc

gmcunni

Been more than 19 days, where are the before and after pics?

i have 2 more days (i missed a couple over the past 3 day).

no before shot, maybe an after shot if i feel like it.

are my teeth whiter. yeah but not like Nicks and not as much as i'd have hoped. I was reading last night trying to figure out when i could do another round of whitening. some say only 1 every 12 months, others every 6.

i drink 3-5 cups black coffee every day so i'm fighting a losing battle.

Puck it

i have 2 more days (i missed a couple over the past 3 day).

no before shot, maybe an after shot if i feel like it.

are my teeth whiter. yeah but not like Nicks and not as much as i'd have hoped. I was reading last night trying to figure out when i could do another round of whitening. some say only 1 every 12 months, others every 6.

i drink 3-5 cups black coffee every day so i'm fighting a losing battle.
You must shake like Michael J Fox.
Michael-J-Fox-Selfie-2.jpg