• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What old movie did you watch?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Just watched The Naked City with Barry Fitzgerald and Don Taylor.

Favorite line: "I don't know anything about medicine, doctor, but that's one prescription that never cured anything."

wa-loaf

I watched the Green Lantern last night. That was from last year. Maybe older?

Edd

I watched the Green Lantern last night. That was from last year. Maybe older?

I read comics as a kid so I was very familiar with Green Lantern. I watched it on HBO recently. I can't believe how far out they went with it. Not a concept for mass consumption.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
What old movie did I watch when? Seems rather open ended.

how old is old?

i'm watching Forest Gump right now.. that was made 1994

Old is what ever you make it. Forest Gump is nearly 20 years old. Easy Rider is over 40. Star Wars (episode 4) is 35 years old. I would say - if you think its old - its old.

Green Lantern? Not so much.

Mpdsnowman

Lol. I have a camp and there is no cable tv around so I use one of those government boxes to pickup channels. Because im right on Lake Ontario I tend to pickup channels as far as Canada.

Welp there is this channel that has nothing but old..real old black and white movies. I tend to leave it on alot and some of them are pretty damn boring lol...but some are real good.

Most of the actresses look like Lucile Ball (which they are not) lol. Im going back up tonight, Im gonna write some of them down I watch just for laughs and giggles..

but these go back to the 50's I beleive...

Warp Daddy

Heroes of Telemark --( Kirk Douglas------- A true WW II story about Norwegian ski commandoes who sabotaged a Nazi "heavy water " production plant where the Nazis were trying to expedite production for the A Bomb )

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Ice Age

Hey, I have an 8-year-old :dontknow:

If its the first Ice Age - that's pretty old

Ditto.

The Caine Mutiny
12 Angry Men
Casablanca
Dr Strangelove

Excellent classics! "You shoot that machine and you'll answer to the president of Coca Cola!" I haven't watched any of these recently. I had to watch 12 Angry Men for a High School assignment - that was 36 years ago and it was old then!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Heroes of Telemark --( Kirk Douglas------- A true WW II story about Norwegian ski commandoes who sabotaged a Nazi "heavy water " production plant where the Nazis were trying to expedite production for the A Bomb )

How was the skiing? I'll have to look that one up.

snowmonster

Must have been based on this book:

SkisAgainstTheAtom-250.jpg

Warp Daddy

How was the skiing? I'll have to look that one up.

one of my favorite flicks also has Richard Harris in it as the leader of the resistance , Hey Snowmonster Kirk Douglas plays the part of a Physics professor !

the skiing was as you'd expect mostly backcountry snow troops combo of slack country and XC don't want to say tooo much in case you choose to watch it . But i enjoyed the story mostly because it was true and held my interest and of course outdoorsy

snoseek

I like the whole Midnight Cowboy, Easy Rider ect....era movies.

SkiFanE

Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. I will always be in love with RR (where's the heart or love smilie nick ;) )