Iconic Ski Area Logos - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I do recall that in the MRG Book and I think that it may have been made up by someone for Pratt, but I don't recall. It will be interesting to revisit that book.
    Consulted the book. All it says is that in 1984, some advertising exec designed the logo and sticker. Betsy liked it and the rest is history.

Regarding the Loaf logo, you can see the different styles of the sticker over the years at the Sugarloaf Shop. They have stickers from different eras but none of them are for sale. You can still get the sugarloaf/usa stickers there. They are actually trying to get rid of all of them.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Attached Images Attached Images

Computer and time issues so will try to upload later but (and don't want to sound like a homer) I have always loved the OLD Camelback logo with the skier skiing down the the camels back. I have a great sweat shirt that I love to ski in when warm with a big picture of it on the back and a smaller one on the breast. I've gotten several comments on it as recently as my last trip to Smugglers this past spring where several people mentioned they used to ski there and really liked and appreciated the shirt.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

i see a lot of ski the east stickers in montana, but certainly the most popular on cars, stop signs, one transformer i walk past everyday and on the sign at the entrance to the local hill is a sugarloaf sticker. I always pay attention to stickers, so i dont think its that it sticks out more. when i went to sugarloaf the first time and rode from the summit it felt like i was on a big mountain

Snake River Brewery in Jackson Hole - what is the most prominent ski area sticker you see ?

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Snake River Brewery in Jackson Hole - what is the most prominent ski area sticker you see ?

Mad River Glen
    See the Sticker If You Can!!

Oh wait, its the most prominent sticker!!!!

I would say the Smuggler's Notch logo is pretty iconic as well.
    The three multi-colored peaks are easily recognizable.

I wish Burke would stop screwing with theirs. They were on to something here (admittedly a bit of a Sugarloaf logo influence)
    as it was colorful and easy to recognize.

Now they have moved to this which is pretty souless and generic. The "True North" marketing campaign has been pretty well received but I think it was a bad move to change the logo again for the third time in ten years. You want brand recognition.... Stop screwing with your logo!

Not surprised that the 'loaf is a favorite, but no love for Alta's logo?

And agree, re: Burke. Bring back Burkie Bear!

Thread Information