• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Iconic Ski Area Logos

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
To be honest I could not even tell you what their logo was without looking at it first.

I think WF's logo is one of the best in the East, right up there with the Loaf. But I wouldn't call it iconic.

I wouldn't put Stowe on this list either. Sure it's simple and the script is nice, but it's just the name of the resort. Nothing special there.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Other favorites include Cannon and Waterville Valley, but I wouldn't call them iconic.

logo-wv-winter.png

f689599293d04a5cafae78c6d69cd846.jpg

jaytrem

Liftopia is a good place to see logos. Looks like the couldn't get permission from the Vail resorts though. After quick browse A-basin and Loveland are two iconic ones in my opinion.

Terry

This is from Shawnee Peak. Simple, sun represents day skiing and the moon represents the night skiing.

ceo

I'm not a big fan of the font on the new Loaf logo, but the old one was getting pretty, well, old-looking. Think they could have come up with something more likely to last another 60 years. Helvetica might have worked, even though it's overused. (And I'm glad they got rid of the "/USA"; it always struck me as pretentious.)

(And that brewery tank really needs a Sugarloaf sticker.)

Cannon, fond as I am of the place, has kind of a lame logo.

One I'm definitely not a fan of is Crotched's; it looks like it belongs on a hockey jersey.

Tooth

Snake River Brewery in Jackson Hole - what is the most prominent ski area sticker you see ?

snake-river-tank.jpg

Its a bumper sticker screaming look at me. When you put more than the name on it and need a "catchy" phrase it loses something. Its 5x bigger than other stickers also. Wa-Loaf is right on here.

Sugarloaf is the most iconic hands down. :beer:

C-Rex

I've lived in CT my whole life and never got out west until a couple years ago, so I may be a little biased. But I gotta agree with Sugarloaf taking the #1 spot. I knew what that logo was when I was pretty young, before I even got into snowboarding.