• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ 2013 Utah Summit?

thetrailboss

Staff member
TB we need updates. 60 days till I'm there. Getting fired up.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

There is nothing to update unfortunately. We have approached two places and there is no interest from them. So, regrettably, for this season, if folks want to meet up with me informally, or together, let's communicate and do that. Hopefully next year we get connected with the right folks.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
There is nothing to update unfortunately. We have approached two places and there is no interest from them. So, regrettably, for this season, if folks want to meet up with me informally, or together, let's communicate and do that. Hopefully next year we get connected with the right folks.

I'll be at Snowbird with my Club this coming weekend. What's the skiing like these days? Looks like some snow will fall this week and hopefully more while we're there.

conwayeast

Would be interested in hearing more about dates, times, prices, etc Just like everyone else I am sure. I think by planning a trip to Alta you are alienating a certain members of the forum. I think the summits should be all inclusive. If Alta is in then count me out.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Just a thought, when we were at Sugarloaf for the summit I rode a chair with GM John Diller and I asked about a possible introduction to put something together next year maybe at Big Sky (Montana) which is also a Boyne resort.

Thoughts on that ?

xwhaler

Just a thought, when we were at Sugarloaf for the summit I rode a chair with GM John Diller and I asked about a possible introduction to put something together next year maybe at Big Sky (Montana) which is also a Boyne resort.

Thoughts on that ?

I'd definitely have interest depending on when/how much. I've heard Big Sky is vast and amazing landscape.
Boyne also owns Brighton which I don't know much about but SLC would be easier/cheaper to fly to than Montana I'd guess.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'd definitely have interest depending on when/how much. I've heard Big Sky is vast and amazing landscape.
Boyne also owns Brighton which I don't know much about but SLC would be easier/cheaper to fly to than Montana I'd guess.

We approached Brighton and got no response.

steamboat1

Thoughts on that ?

Out of all the places I've been out west Big Sky/Moonlight is my favorite. I don't think there are any direct flights to/from Bozeman.

snoseek

I'll be floating around the wasatch mon/tues i think if anyone's around.

jaytrem

Out of all the places I've been out west Big Sky/Moonlight is my favorite. I don't think there are any direct flights to/from Bozeman.

There are from Newark this year on United, pretty sure it's the first year (along with Jackson Hole). 1 flight a week each way on Saturdays. I'm going to book a car for Feb. 2014 any day now. Book super early and save lots of $$$. If it doesn't work out I just cancel.

Update: Just booked a Standard SUV for 9 days, total with taxes $262 using a Costco discount and Entertainment coupon. Now just gotta hope they have the direct flight out there next year, I'll take a connector home to get the extra days in.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Do you need avalanche gear for any areas at Snowbird or Alta?

Out or bounds yes.

That's the general rule, but after some inbounds avalanches last season, one that buried a snowboarder on Blackjack Traverse, I personally ski with an Ava-lung, shovel, probe, and beacon on very snowy days....just in case. Especially if I head out on the Bookends, into the upper parts of Little Cloud Bowl, or one of the other bowls that may give despite avi work.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
We made it finally! Took about an hour to get up the road yesterday once it was opened around 4:20... Staying at the Cliff Lodge... Avalanche control work is shaking the hell out of the windows this morning! Looking forward to skiing in some powder today :)