• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ 2013 Utah Summit?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I threw out the idea of having an AZ Summit here in Utah and it got some interest. So I will start this thread to gauge if there is any interest and what folks would think regarding (1) timing, (2) location(s), and (3) other ideas.

In that thread I had suggested Alta/Snowbird as the place to ski. Snowmonster and I did 4 days there in March, 2 at each. That might be an idea, with approaching Snowbird to see if they could give us a group deal if we have enough interest. Otherwise, we can just base out of SLC and have folks get together at each resort each day.

Thoughts?

snoseek

It's not my nature to commit to anything in winter but I do like road trips to Utah so there's a good chance I'll roll in for a few days anyway. I'm down with the bird.

If it snows at all I would be spending some time slightly to the north...

ScottySkis

It's not my nature to commit to anything in winter but I do like road trips to Utah so there's a good chance I'll roll in for a few days anyway. I'm down with the bird.

If it snows at all I would be spending some time slightly to the north...

My first time in utah i tried Snowbasin and that was great to, i just need to try Powder one of these days.

snowmonster

Barring any change of plans, I am in. I took a look at next year's academic calendar and spring break is from March 8-17. Prime time to slay some Mormon Pow! I'm all for a return to Alta-Bird and exploring Pow Mow. I'd throw in a trip to BCC - Solitude or Brighton. I hear the bc there is phenomenal.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've love to go, but it's not happening. I'm planning on a trip to CO to visit Ski Stef next year so if we want to do a secondary CO trip, that might work :) otherwise I was using my vaca time to head to the Breckenridge area. (hopefully)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Re: Pow Mow I have yet to go because last year when I visited it just did not have as much snow as LCC (I visited in December 2010). This season I did not get up there. My other concern would be getting there as it is a haul from SLC and if folks are flying in I imagine that we want to focus on a particular area(s) to make it easy. This is partly why I suggested LCC because Snowbird has good lodging and Alta is literally over the ridge.

wa-loaf

Re: Pow Mow I have yet to go because last year when I visited it just did not have as much snow as LCC (I visited in December 2010). This season I did not get up there. My other concern would be getting there as it is a haul from SLC and if folks are flying in I imagine that we want to focus on a particular area(s) to make it easy. This is partly why I suggested LCC because Snowbird has good lodging and Alta is literally over the ridge.

Think you can work any lodging/ticket deals for us?

jlboyell

im interested. any other snowboarders sitting that alta day out? i have the same spring break as snowmonster

vdk03

I am definitely in, I could go pretty much any weekend, but it would be nice to avoid the week of spring break. Tickets, lodging, plane tickets will all be more expensive and we probably won't get as good of a deal. Jlboyell you're just going to have to get on those skies a few times before the trip if we head to Alta.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
So it looks like we might have 5-10 people or so. We'd probably need more and no, I can't offer my couch and floor :lol:

jlboyell

So it looks like we might have 5-10 people or so. We'd probably need more and no, I can't offer my couch and floor :lol:

even if you cant get special pricing, utah is still on my list. i wouldnt mind picking even just a long weekend, where azers were there. get a group tour from thetrailboss...

wa-loaf

I've got a place I can stay in SLC pretty much anytime I want so if it's more informal I'm still in. But I'd prob go to Alta since my Wachusett pass gets me $35 tickets there.

gmcunni

i'd give it 5% chance i can make this. will probably do a Utah trip next season but will be dependent on school vacation / personal issues for scheduling. if by a miracle it is the same time i'll join for a day or 2 of skiing tho i'll probably be staying over in Ogden area (family in Eden).

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes, an informal meeting or weekend gathering may be the best for now, unless we can get a large group of committed folks to be able to get a deal. I think a bit more interest would be needed for that.