• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Village Ride - June 16th 2012

MR. evil

$125 more to meet your goal! How much do you need to get the riding jersey?

Actually only need $25 more to meet my goal. The $100 donation from Marc company hasn't cleared yet so it doesn't show on my public donation page. When I view the page my total shows as $325.

I'm not sure how much you need to raise to get the jersey, isn't that big a deal to me. I pick $350 as my goal because it seemed like a decent number and was more than the $200 minimum. I am actually hoping to break $500 to $600.

MR. evil

I recieved a donation this weekend from a John C. I am assuming its someone here on AZ as I don't know anyone by that name.

Thanks John C. !!!

MR. evil

Up to $450 in donations ($350 confirmed & $100 pending) and I still have sent out an email to my office or hit up the family yet. Emails going out to the office tomorrow and a separate email to the family soon after.

bvibert

Staff member
BTW - There's going to be an after party open to anyone, so even if you wuss out on riding you can still come and have fun. Food, live music, rail jam, etc...

I expect to see o3jeff there getting his jib on.

MR. evil

You working the event B?

I think I am up to $575 in donations at the moment. Would like to break $750, still have a few days.

o3jeff

BTW - There's going to be an after party open to anyone, so even if you wuss out on riding you can still come and have fun. Food, live music, rail jam, etc...

I expect to see o3jeff there getting his jib on.
Need to get my 6th day on skis in this year!

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
You working the event B?

I think I am up to $575 in donations at the moment. Would like to break $750, still have a few days.

I heard Bvibert is doing it on his mountain bike.

Yes, I'm working the event. I was considering trying to do the shorter route on my FS MTB if I wasn't though.

Nice work on the donations Tim. See you there!

MR. evil

Good ride today. The 50K didn't seem long enough so my group took a little detour to go climb this really big hill we heard about. Ended up doing 73K or 45.5 miles in just under 3 hours. Im pretty beat, will write more later.

Props to SkiSunDown for pulling out all the stops as ussual and hosting one hell of an event.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice work putting in the extra bonus miles Tim! Good seeing you again. It seemed like a really good event from my perspective.

You gonna do the fugitive mud run. At the end of July? That looks like it's going to be a real good time!

MR. evil

Nice work putting in the extra bonus miles Tim! Good seeing you again. It seemed like a really good event from my perspective.

You gonna do the fugitive mud run. At the end of July? That looks like it's going to be a real good time!

It was a really great event and I will defiantly do it again next year. May even do the 100k next year.

Not sure about the mud run. I have already committed to do the Rugged Maniac in Southwick in September. Not sure I'm up for 2 of those types of events. But if someone gets a team AlpineZone together I may do it

o3jeff

Nice job Tim!

How was it to ride in a group? I really need to try and ride with a group of people so when I do one of these rides I don't cause the pile up!

MR. evil

Nice job Tim!

How was it to ride in a group? I really need to try and ride with a group of people so when I do one of these rides I don't cause the pile up!

For most of the ride my group was only 3 people, as many as 5 people for a little while. Like you I ride alone and was worried about riding in a group. But it was a lot of fun and much easier than riding solo. We kept a much faster pace than when I ride solo with what felt like less effort. I felt liked could really attack the climbs because my legs felt fresher.

I need to go onto MapMyride.com and map out the ride we did with our 13 mile 'detour. We didn't realize we took a wrong turn on route 8 onto the 100K route until after a nice 4 to 5 mile climb followed by a couple going down and then crossing the Mass border. We then turned around and rode about 6.5 back to our route.

I felt really strong most of the ride and stayed out in front of the group for most of the ride. Felt really good all the way to the last 1/2 mile heading up the SkiSunDown access road. That last hill took its took on many riders. When I was going up it seemed like most everyone bonked about 20 feet after the photographer and was walking, including my team mate Jeff and this kid Jordan that rode with us about 90% of the ride. Even a group of the 100K riders was walking. I dropped it down into a really low gear and suffered up that dam hill. As I passed people walking they cheered my on and told me not to give up. A small group of 100k riders that were walking were yelling and screaming at me to keep going even though I wanted to quit. That kind of comradire was awesome and got me to the top of that last hill.

I am defiantly going to do this ride again next year! The riding around SkiSunDown is great and will be back very soon for a road rode in that area. We should meet up there sometime Jeff.