Skiing Tux, the Auto Road or other points in the Presidentials 2012

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skiing Tux, the Auto Road or other points in the Presidentials 2012

Now that the lift-served ski season is over, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for people who want to meet up for sking in Tuckerman Ravine, off the Auto Road or other points in the Presidentials. With the snowpack and weather we have, we may have a shorter window than most years.

I'm thinking of heading up to Tux one day this weekend depending on the day with better weather. Any interest?
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Do it up for me......

Live, Ski, or Die!

Sorry to say but I think my window has closed
    Peter

The ski-destination-fuel gauge has reached empty SM...saving for the hope of just average snow next season. Would like to plan on my first trip out west...probably PC/Snowbird,Grand Targhee...w/o TB? If you make any plans towards there next winter...let me know.

Steve
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Do it up for me......
    Will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
    Sorry to say but I think my window has closed
    Man, when even you won't come out to play, I know it was really a bad season.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    The ski-destination-fuel gauge has reached empty SM...saving for the hope of just average snow next season. Would like to plan on my first trip out west...probably PC/Snowbird,Grand Targhee...w/o TB? If you make any plans towards there next winter...let me know.

Steve
    Even you? Oh, boy! I'll ski with anyone. Let me know your plans and let's see if things work out. My trips out west usually coincide with work related trips so that I can save on the airfare. Targhee/JHole has always been on my wishlist.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Heading up on Saturday. In?

Saturday (5/5/12) was a perfect day at Tux. Because of commitments, I'll have to sit this weekend and the next out. But, I'll be heading up on Monday, 5/21. Tux or Auto Road will be in play.

Don't just sit there, there's still snow to be skied!

im in for some patch skiing if you're still going on 5/21. That will be my fist day off in 21 days, can't imagine a better way to spend it than making turns, watch the weather...

Let's do it! Meet you at the same place.

Sure. Do you have any spare skis with adjustable binings? I'm fresh outta skis but could probably find a pair

Thread Information