• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Private Message Pop-ups?

bvibert

Staff member
I'm not getting pop-up notifications for new PMs anymore. Is it just me, or did something change? I just got a new computer a few weeks ago here at work, so it may be something on my end.

bvibert

Staff member
I actually went to face book and wasn't on AZ to tell if anything popped up.

Are you setup to receive pop-up notifications? If so you should have got one when you came back to AZ. If not then scram.

o3jeff

Are you setup to receive pop-up notifications? If so you should have got one when you came back to AZ. If not then scram.

No it wasn't set up, I didn't know that option was available. I am set up to receive them now, PM me some pics from last nights ride.

bigbog

Need to set somewhere in your Profile...Brian, or is it just the pop-up box you're not getting? ...in that case you're blocking pop-ups but haven't entered AZ as an "exception"...in both your AV SW and browser. Sorry if this is Duh-ville.

bvibert

Staff member
Need to set somewhere in your Profile...Brian, or is it just the pop-up box you're not getting? ...in that case you're blocking pop-ups but haven't entered AZ as an "exception"...in both your AV SW and browser. Sorry if this is Duh-ville.

I have the option set in my profile, it used to work. I don't think it's the pop-up blocker, because it's not a real pop-up where it's opening another window, it just shows a dialog box. Plus I never needed to add the exception in the past. However, I did add the exception earlier today to see if it made a difference. Now I just need to get a PM to see if it works.

bvibert

Staff member
I have the option set in my profile, it used to work. I don't think it's the pop-up blocker, because it's not a real pop-up where it's opening another window, it just shows a dialog box. Plus I never needed to add the exception in the past. However, I did add the exception earlier today to see if it made a difference. Now I just need to get a PM to see if it works.

Just got the pop-up, thanks for the test PM, gmcunni! I guess the pop-up blocker was to blame after all...

gmcunni

B, u use firefox? i noticed yesterday i got a firefox updated applied to mine, perhaps it affected your settings?

bvibert

Staff member
B, u use firefox? i noticed yesterday i got a firefox updated applied to mine, perhaps it affected your settings?

Yes I use FF, and it did update recently. Maybe that had something to do with it, I don't really know when it stopped working since I don't get PMs that often.