• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mittersill snowmaking

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Heck - I don't know. I didn't really expect people to stop talking about Mittersill. This is a ski forum after all.

Lets talk about whether it'll be cooler to ski at Mittersill at night as opposed to Gunstock.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, I guess I should lock the thread. The potential for it to go epcot is over.

No lease

"The House yesterday passed SB217, the amended bill that does NOT call for leasing Cannon Mountain or developing a master plan for Cannon and Franconia Notch State Park. It does, however, call for creation of a hiking trail up and over Mittersill and on to the summit of Cannon. And it includes unrelated legislation that was attached last week."

Puck it

Fat lady sings! No wonder threecy is out in the woods screaming! You think anyone will hear him?

Rikka

deliverance-remake.jpg

This fella may hear the screams.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And to think that a few years ago Mittersill was abandoned and had rusting lifts on it and now it is going to be getting snowmaking and nightskiing. The Baron would be proud!

AdironRider

I personally love Threecy's relative lack of understanding of how accounting works, notably with non-cash expenses.

J'Hams

can't they just run a hose from Cannon and put a diesel compressor thingy over there on the slope where they want snow on and just move it down the trail as winter gets colder?

bobbutts

can't they just run a hose from Cannon and put a diesel compressor thingy over there on the slope where they want snow on and just move it down the trail as winter gets colder?
There's a bunch of fixed infrastructure with snowmaking. They can't just throw portable stuff for that great a distance, they need to plan, permit, purchase, install, etc..