• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Are there more people younger or older than you?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The national median age was 36.8 years.

The average age of physical maturity is 25

cognitive development continues until at least age 30. This includes:

• Mature judgment
  • Seeing into the future
  • Seeing how behavior can affect future
  • Associating cause and effect
  • Moral intelligence
  • Abstract thinking
  • Seeing what is not obvious
  • Planning and decision-making
  • Rational behavior and decision-making
  • Rules of social conduct
  • Understanding rules of social conduct
...scientists have learned that, anatomically, significant changes in brain structure continue after age 18... "The brain of an 18-year-old college freshman is still far from resembling the brain of someone in their mid-twenties," - Dartmouth College Researcher.

How does that make you feel?

Warp Daddy

R u shittin Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer ONLY as OLD as U feel dudes !! Don't let some fat ole couch-potato researcher whose belly is huge and whose Testosterone is low fill your heads with UTTER nonsense .

Now GET OUT THERE and RAGE ON !!!!!!! -- Dammit :D:D:D

hehehehehehe

speden

Well that makes me feel old. Somehow I never developed that mature judgement and decision making stuff.

Average

I'm 36.8 right now. Guess it's all down hill from here

That doesn't really start until you hit 40, so you've got a little more time. :)

Mpdsnowman

I turn 50 in a couple of months and I love it. Honestly i am in better shape than most people I know and I know a ton of younger people. The thing I learned is this..

when you get older life is more fun. You dont have the pressures you have when your young. You should already have your career well in hand. Your house should be almost paid off. You have dealt with women all your life and now you truly know how to handle them(just look at em and laugh they hate that lol)

Plus you should have all the time in the world to ski or snowboard or whatever you choose to do.

Right now most of you reading this are at work or looking at your fancy phones in school...im retired...I think I will just go fishing later today..

Work hard people, be good to others as you go along in life...
Then you can truly enjoy the ride!

hammer

I turn 50 in a couple of months and I love it. Honestly i am in better shape than most people I know and I know a ton of younger people. The thing I learned is this..

when you get older life is more fun. You dont have the pressures you have when your young. You should already have your career well in hand. Your house should be almost paid off. You have dealt with women all your life and now you truly know how to handle them(just look at em and laugh they hate that lol)

Plus you should have all the time in the world to ski or snowboard or whatever you choose to do.

Right now most of you reading this are at work or looking at your fancy phones in school...im retired...I think I will just go fishing later today..

Work hard people, be good to others as you go along in life...
Then you can truly enjoy the ride!
Not sure what you did to retire at/before age 50 but my best hope is to retire when I turn 62.

Mpdsnowman

well i kinda retired...I dont know if one actually retires from work lol. I still run my small business' . One is in this industry and the other in the marine/recreational industry And I do work a night or two at Dennys. Been there for along time. Ive had alot more irons in the fire over the years than I do now so more or less in my mind ive retired from it.

And its funny cause I look back and wow over 35 years of work have flown by me (I started working for my family at 13 under the table...but it was basically full time after school). Been thru it all, the marriage, the kids, schooling, cub scouting, vacationing all the other commitments you gotta keep.

And I woudn't take a day of it back because good, bad or ugly man you learn from it and when you get to this point life is really great.

I find most people around me are younger...

WakeboardMom

R u shittin Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer ONLY as OLD as U feel dudes !! Don't let some fat ole couch-potato researcher whose belly is huge and whose Testosterone is low fill your heads with UTTER nonsense .

Now GET OUT THERE and RAGE ON !!!!!!! -- Dammit :D:D:D

hehehehehehe

Woohoo! You tell 'em WD! I'm lookin' at 55 at the end of the month. Don't like the number, but I feel good! : )