Any golfers in da house ?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cool Any golfers in da house ?

I know that Doc Jeff and me and a few others like chasing the white ball -- how bout u ?

Care to share your golf adventures or give others ideas bout good gear , techniques etc or even the advice on the 19th hole ??

I'm heading out for a round today , play twice a week and so far this season been playing fairly well for me .

Doc i'm still chasing that damn elusive sub- 80 , was close last week had 81 but blew up with a double bogey on a damn par 5 . arghhhh

Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

I'll play a few times a summer (4 - 5x). I'm horrible though. I'm super excited if I ever get less than 6 - 7 strokes on a hole.

Normally for a full round I'm shooting around 120 - 130 strokes, haha.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'll play a few times a summer (4 - 5x). I'm horrible though. I'm super excited if I ever get less than 6 - 7 strokes on a hole.

Normally for a full round I'm shooting around 120 - 130 strokes, haha.

Hey Nick your a good athlete-- it's just a matter of playing more ( which is hard to do when your working with a family ) . I didn't get into it seriously till i retired .

Actually the Queen started out first as a supplement to her tennis and skiing . Then i Started as a supplement to skiing , road biking and gym routines.

i found out it was pretty cool because just about the time i was getting a little STALE on one sport the season ended and i had a couple of new sports to keep me going, so for me it works . It can be a frustrating game IF U LET it !! I just let go of bad shots ( hell we ALL even the pros make 'em ) and just keep swinging the club . Right now i got my groove on but i'm a streaky sumbitch . I KNOW at some point i'll b struggling -- heheehe
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

I love the game.. never have time or anyone that wants to go.

I live on a golf course and try to play a couple times a week. Average about a 86-92... way too inconsistent. Love golf tho

Warp, that sub 80 is on the way for sure for you! Probably will come on a round where you don't expect it either! Kind of like my round this morning. I've got muscle soreness almost from head to toe from too much physicaly activity and not enough recovery time the last few weeks, I was thinking about resting today but since I've got a couple of scrambles coming up real soon and I only had teed t up once this year before this morning, I knew I needed some course time!

I went out, starting bogey, double, bogey, bogey +5 after 4 holes and then played the next 14 in +2 for a 79 (coincidently enough they were aerating the greens a my course today and he 1st aerated green I got to was on the 5th hole when I started playing better )

Gotta love this game some days!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)

Where is the line drawn between a golfer, and someone who hits the ball and swears?
    None in the prior 2 years, and havent played in about 2 weeks now.

I did get a eagle my second round out this year. 300yd uphill dogleg. Carried over the trees and rolled to 1.5ft from the cup.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Warp, that sub 80 is on the way for sure for you! Probably will come on a round where you don't expect it either! Kind of like my round this morning. I've got muscle soreness almost from head to toe from too much physicaly activity and not enough recovery time the last few weeks, I was thinking about resting today but since I've got a couple of scrambles coming up real soon and I only had teed t up once this year before this morning, I knew I needed some course time!

I went out, starting bogey, double, bogey, bogey +5 after 4 holes and then played the next 14 in +2 for a 79 (coincidently enough they were aerating the greens a my course today and he 1st aerated green I got to was on the 5th hole when I started playing better )

Gotta love this game some days!

AWESOME Doc -- nice round !!!!!!!!!!! 'specially this early in the year . U gotta love it, when all of a sudden it starts to click , like it did for you today . I know that you've got the skills , but sometimes the over- thinking cam mess wid -cha

Just got back shot 85 ( 44 /41) meh played about average but a beautiful day out there . been out 4 times all low - mid 80's --- i'm just trying to get good ball striking and not worrying about distance . My tee shots and short game is ok its my damn second shot that just isn't consistent -- YET .

Just gonna keep swinging

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    Where is the line drawn between a golfer, and someone who hits the ball and swears?
    None in the prior 2 years, and havent played in about 2 weeks now.

I did get a eagle my second round out this year. 300yd uphill dogleg. Carried over the trees and rolled to 1.5ft from the cup.
    Great stuff HAWK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Eagles are very difficult , i think tougher than Aces

I' ve had both------- but an ACE is pure freaking unadulterated luck .

does mini-golf count? Then yes lol
    2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Thread Information