• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any golfers in da house ?

dlague

With the late start to the season Been struggling so far this season had an 84 and 3 successive 88's . But today cranked out a 78 with 12 pars and only 31 putts so felt like the groove is coming back ;)

At least you have gotten out! We planned on golfing the last three weekends and some how manages to squeeze our day to the point where it did not fit in due to time constraints! This is where my summer - want to do it all - issue causes problems! We committed to golf this coming come hell or high water!

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

Warp Daddy

Had another decent round today 40/39 for a 79 . 10 pars and a birdie also holed one out from 20 yds off the green. must be the warm weather but the shots are dropping.

dlague

Finally got out and played on Sunday at Loudon Country Club! The new hybrid irons are awesome! I have used hybrid drivers in the past but these were so easy to use! Glad I up graded. It was beautiful out.

drjeff

Been hitting the range like a madman the last 2 weeks, as time hasn't permitted any full rounds lately :(

3 day member-guest coming up this weekend at my friends course in RI. We'll see what happens.......

Warp Daddy

Finally got out and played on Sunday at Loudon Country Club! The new hybrid irons are awesome! I have used hybrid drivers in the past but these were so easy to use! Glad I up graded. It was beautiful out.

Yes Hybrids are great clubs , glad u have discovered that these are really great go to clubs .

i now use # 2,3,4 and 5 hybrids ,no more need for a 3 wood . The deuce takes care of that distance and it is great off the deck . So only regular irons in my bag are # 6 thru the wedges . Also use that # 4 hybrid really choked up to run it up close to the pin cwhen i have tree obstacles or a situation allows for a bump n'run to the green .

Yo Doc good luck in Rhody

dlague

Yes Hybrids are great clubs , glad u have discovered that these are really great go to clubs .

i now use # 2,3,4 and 5 hybrids ,no more need for a 3 wood . The deuce takes care of that distance and it is great off the deck . So only regular irons in my bag are # 6 thru the wedges . Also use that # 4 hybrid really choked up to run it up close to the pin cwhen i have tree obstacles or a situation allows for a bump n'run to the green .

Yo Doc good luck in Rhody

My wife and I now have a similar setup that you mention. Minus the 2 and 3 clubs which I am looking into.

drjeff

Holy crap! I've got a championship trophy in my house from this weekend! And I have NO CLUE how we did it!!

My partner and I were the 5th seed out of 8 in the A flight. We had between us our B/B- games for all 3 days and 7 matches which somehow won our flight!! Then in the 3 hole, combined team score playoff, we survived a par 3 where I hit my tee shot OB, then re-teed and hit it to about 2.5 feet and rolled it in for 4 while my partner hit the green to about 40 feet with a scary downhill breaker and then 4 putted to make 5!! Somehow we ended up tied after the 3 hole playoff with 1 other team and then won on the 1st hole of sudden death!!

I've been laughing out of amazement for the last few hours!! I think it was more like we overall played the "least bad" rather than the "best" for the 3 days! But my name will now be on a plaque in a locker room in RI and next year we'll be defending!! :)

dlague

Holy crap! I've got a championship trophy in my house from this weekend! And I have NO CLUE how we did it!!

My partner and I were the 5th seed out of 8 in the A flight. We had between us our B/B- games for all 3 days and 7 matches which somehow won our flight!! Then in the 3 hole, combined team score playoff, we survived a par 3 where I hit my tee shot OB, then re-teed and hit it to about 2.5 feet and rolled it in for 4 while my partner hit the green to about 40 feet with a scary downhill breaker and then 4 putted to make 5!! Somehow we ended up tied after the 3 hole playoff with 1 other team and then won on the 1st hole of sudden death!!

I've been laughing out of amazement for the last few hours!! I think it was more like we overall played the "least bad" rather than the "best" for the 3 days! But my name will now be on a plaque in a locker room in RI and next year we'll be defending!! :)

Nice and congrats!

On another note, I realized this weekend that my wife and I need to get more committed! All of our other interests are getting in the way! It is that summer ADD thing! We always plan to play at the end of the day but it always gets boxed out.

Warp Daddy

Way 2 go Doc , bringing the hardware home is always a thrill. Looks like your Mojo was workin :thumbup: Hitting that 2nd tee shot to within 2.5 is killa !!

Got out fri and sunday. 42/40 / 82 and 41/ 39 / 80 yesterday , tomorrow is another day .

After shooting 84,90,94,88 and 91 respectively, I channeled my inner Tiger and cranked a 75 out of nowhere. I almost don't want to include it in my handicap because it'll screw it up so much! lmao

Yesterday was one of those days where the putts just rolled in and my hook vanished! I know I'll be around 100 next time out, golf just works that way.

xwhaler

Shot my best 9 hole score (41) early this AM before work. Tee balls away at 530, no one in front of us and just got into a really nice rhythm/pace.
41 included a triple on #4 and a double on #9 when I got caught up in the thick rough and had trouble scrambling. I was very consistent today outside of those 2 holes, with 4 pars and a birdie
I'm typically around a 48 with good holes followed by blow up holes so to shoot a 41 with all parts of the game working this AM was nice to experience.
Have been trying to get out once/week and not thinking so much just concentrating/swinging and its going well.

Am playing in a member-guest in a couple weeks here locally so hoping to help the team out as the high handicapper with potential to have good holes.

dlague

Got out a golfed Chatham Seaside Links while on vacation - nothing really seaside from a view stand point about that course. It is a 9 hole course that was pretty hilly. I made my wife walk it with me which she was not too excited about after surfing, body boarding, walking and running on the beach for about 4 hours an then an hour after getting back to our condo - we golfed. Everyone said it was a short course (no par fives) - no one mentioned the amount of uphill walking was required - oops! They also did not have a clubhouse with bar - not a huge problem since we went into town and found one right after. Our score - who the heck knows we do not really keep score - just work on using the clubs.