• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any golfers in da house ?

Warp Daddy

I know that Doc Jeff and me and a few others like chasing the white ball -- how bout u ?

Care to share your golf adventures or give others ideas bout good gear , techniques etc or even the advice on the 19th hole ??

I'm heading out for a round today , play twice a week and so far this season been playing fairly well for me .

Doc i'm still chasing that damn elusive sub- 80 , was close last week had 81 but blew up with a double bogey on a damn par 5 . arghhhh

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'll play a few times a summer (4 - 5x). I'm horrible though. I'm super excited if I ever get less than 6 - 7 strokes on a hole.

Normally for a full round I'm shooting around 120 - 130 strokes, haha.

Warp Daddy

I'll play a few times a summer (4 - 5x). I'm horrible though. I'm super excited if I ever get less than 6 - 7 strokes on a hole.

Normally for a full round I'm shooting around 120 - 130 strokes, haha.

Hey Nick your a good athlete-- it's just a matter of playing more ( which is hard to do when your working with a family ) . I didn't get into it seriously till i retired .

Actually the Queen started out first as a supplement to her tennis and skiing . Then i Started as a supplement to skiing , road biking and gym routines.

i found out it was pretty cool because just about the time i was getting a little STALE on one sport the season ended and i had a couple of new sports to keep me going, so for me it works . It can be a frustrating game IF U LET it !! I just let go of bad shots ( hell we ALL even the pros make 'em ) and just keep swinging the club . Right now i got my groove on but i'm a streaky sumbitch :D:D:D. I KNOW at some point i'll b struggling -- heheehe

Morwax

I love the game.. never have time or anyone that wants to go.

mriceyman

I live on a golf course and try to play a couple times a week. Average about a 86-92... way too inconsistent. Love golf tho

drjeff

Warp, that sub 80 is on the way for sure for you! Probably will come on a round where you don't expect it either! Kind of like my round this morning. I've got muscle soreness almost from head to toe from too much physicaly activity and not enough recovery time the last few weeks, I was thinking about resting today but since I've got a couple of scrambles coming up real soon and I only had teed t up once this year before this morning, I knew I needed some course time!

I went out, starting bogey, double, bogey, bogey :eek: +5 after 4 holes and then played the next 14 in +2 for a 79 (coincidently enough they were aerating the greens a my course today and he 1st aerated green I got to was on the 5th hole when I started playing better :rolleyes: :lol: )

Gotta love this game some days! :)

Hawkshot99

Where is the line drawn between a golfer, and someone who hits the ball and swears?
None in the prior 2 years, and havent played in about 2 weeks now.

I did get a eagle my second round out this year. 300yd uphill dogleg. Carried over the trees and rolled to 1.5ft from the cup.

Warp Daddy

Warp, that sub 80 is on the way for sure for you! Probably will come on a round where you don't expect it either! Kind of like my round this morning. I've got muscle soreness almost from head to toe from too much physicaly activity and not enough recovery time the last few weeks, I was thinking about resting today but since I've got a couple of scrambles coming up real soon and I only had teed t up once this year before this morning, I knew I needed some course time!

I went out, starting bogey, double, bogey, bogey :eek: +5 after 4 holes and then played the next 14 in +2 for a 79 (coincidently enough they were aerating the greens a my course today and he 1st aerated green I got to was on the 5th hole when I started playing better :rolleyes: :lol: )

Gotta love this game some days! :)

AWESOME Doc -- nice round !!!!!!!!!!! 'specially this early in the year . U gotta love it, when all of a sudden it starts to click , like it did for you today . I know that you've got the skills , but sometimes the over- thinking cam mess wid -cha :D:D

Just got back shot 85 ( 44 /41) meh played about average but a beautiful day out there . been out 4 times all low - mid 80's --- i'm just trying to get good ball striking and not worrying about distance . My tee shots and short game is ok its my damn second shot that just isn't consistent -- YET .

Just gonna keep swinging :)

Warp Daddy

Where is the line drawn between a golfer, and someone who hits the ball and swears?
None in the prior 2 years, and havent played in about 2 weeks now.

I did get a eagle my second round out this year. 300yd uphill dogleg. Carried over the trees and rolled to 1.5ft from the cup.

Great stuff HAWK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Eagles are very difficult , i think tougher than Aces

I' ve had both------- but an ACE is pure freaking unadulterated luck .

jrmagic

I'm struggling so far this year. I'm fighting taking it inside too early in the baackswing which is killing me off the tee with some nasty hooks and hurting my wedge game too but seems to be fine with full iron shots. I finished last year at a 14 and haven't sniffed 90 yet this season so my handicap is definitely on the rise. Its already up to a 15.4 and I have some low rounds about to get knocked off so next revision wil likely be higher still.

jrmagic

^ While I know that is easy to comprehend and easy to see in my mind's eye, it ain't so easy to do:p I will be working on it and we'll see what happens. Hopefully by the beginnnig of June I will get back into the 80s. then we'll see about going lower. its been about 5 years since I last broke 80 but I don't play as much now as I did then.

Warp Daddy

Just back from playing a quick 9 in this African style heat and humidity . has a great round in spite of a 106 heat index . had 6 pars and a birdie for a 38. Or 2 over par .Played Tuesday in similar heat shot a 42 but missed my second ace ever by the width of 2 balls on a 135 yd heavily bunkered raised green. getting ready to play in a tournament Monday downstate hope the weather breaks soon

drjeff

Just back from playing a quick 9 in this African style heat and humidity . has a great round in spite of a 106 heat index . had 6 pars and a birdie for a 38. Or 2 over par .Played Tuesday in similar heat shot a 42 but missed my second ace ever by the width of 2 balls on a 135 yd heavily bunkered raised green. getting ready to play in a tournament Monday downstate hope the weather breaks soon

Sounds like some SOLID ball striking there Warp! Pretty sure that on Saturday i'm going to head over and watch the Traveler's Championship and once again see 1st hand how the "Big Boys" who we see teeing it up on TV every week play the game in a fashion that us mortals can only fantasize about!

wa-loaf

[video=youtube;VgKMGwfo5sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VgKMGwfo5sg[/video]

Warp Daddy

Wow that sounds great Doc .Im always amazed at just hoe smoooooth the pros swing and with apparent ease yet the distance is phenomenal . I hit it ok for a 69 yr old - its straight and about 220 to 240 but me be I need one of those R 11's @ 46 inches with a 12 degree loft and sr shaft to begin to approach 250 plus again ????? Not sure but I' m sure lusting after more distance off the tee . guess I got to get to a good club fitter with a practice range. Like the one near Albany just off the Northway .

have fun Doc. And BTW how's your game this season ? You always inspire me with the high quality of your game !!!

Keep it on the short grass

W

snoseek

It's funny how golf is such a huge part of my life and I don't have even the slightest desire to play!You guys go on and get your fun in because you know I'm sitting here counting the days to when the season winds down and my time begins again!

jaywbigred

I hate golf. That being said, I am addicted to it and play twice a weekend for the weekends I am home. I tell a lot of randos I get paired with that "golf is just something frustrating I do between ski seasons." I hate using a cart, and can count on one hand the number of good rounds I've had while using one. I play on county courses, so my handicap is probably a little deflated by their generally easier lay outs, though we play 1 called Warrenbrook a good amount that is tight as all hell and I score well there.

In any event, I've played the best golf of my life this year and have the index down to a 7.4. Had my lowest round of my life with a 75 a few weeks ago, including playing the first 12 holes in even par. Then the last 2 rounds have reminded me why I hate golf. Played Sunday with a wicked, post-bachelor party hangover, and never hit a bad shot and somehow still shot 86. Then yesterday for work I played 18 in a sauna, using a cart, from a set of tees that to me felt like ladies tees, and shot 90. Ugh. Worst. Sport. Ever.

Playing again Saturday of course.