• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No Celtics thread

2knees

Well, if the Celtics pull it off and make the finals, their prospect of winning the title are much slimmer now. They match up much better against the Spurs than they do the Thunder.

I'm sure the league would much prefer a James vs. Durant final than Boston vs Durant. Even if the Cs don't make it, it will be enjoyable watching Durant trash James. Durant is definitely the better player IMO.

All i know is that it's going to be another late drunken night tonight. These 8:30 starts blow.

I have thought the C's would lose each series so i'm not gonna say anything about matchups in the next round. it's almost like it doesnt matter.

It's been the best playoff run for boston sports teams since 2004 in terms of satisfaction.

deadheadskier

Staff member
C's were off tonight and Lebron had a game for the ages. Hopefully they can still pull it out. Even if they don't, I'm thrilled.

2knees

standing and chanting for the last 4 minutes of a blowout was pretty impressive.

throwing a beer on james as he left was bs.

hitting wade in the head throwing the ball back onto the court was hilarious.

snowmonster

c's were off tonight and lebron had a game for the ages. Hopefully they can still pull it out. Even if they don't, i'm thrilled.

standing and chanting for the last 4 minutes of a blowout was pretty impressive.

Throwing a beer on james as he left was bs.

Hitting wade in the head throwing the ball back onto the court was hilarious.

both quoted for truth!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, not sure I've ever seen a fan base chant like that during a blowout at any sporting event.
That was damn impressive. Boston = best sports town in the US

Cornhead

I was kind of rooting for the Celtics to win one more title before they're through, I think if Miami
can make them look old, the Thunder would make them look ancient, see Spurs. Then again, Miami has trouble getting back on defense against these guys, good luck with OKC. I guess I'll root for Miami in game seven, I think it'll make for a better finals, then go Thunder!

jrmagic

Not a Heat fan but Lebron was just ridiculous in that game. At one point he was 11 for 12 from the floor including quite a few outside shots. That rebound he slammed home coming in from the top of the key was pretty amazing.

Last edited:

snowmonster

The End of an Era. This edition of the Celtics over-achieved. Even as they lost, they went down fighting. I just hope that, when the invevitable happens and the Big Three are gone, the Celtics don't skulk around in the wilderness like in the 90s and early 2000s.

I put the NBA right with boxing and horse racing, shady sports!!

Last Saturday was a low-water mark for these sports with the withdrawal of I'll Have Another from the Belmont and the Pacquiao-Bradley farce in the desert.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My prediction, not only does KG retire, but so does Pierce. I doubt Pierce will want to stick around for another rebuilding phase and I doubt he plays for another team. I could see Allen getting surgery and coming back to play a part time roll on another contending team next season.

I see the Celts as a 25 win team next year with Rondo putting up huge numbers increasing his trade value. I'd rather they not trade Rondo though and hope they get lucky in the draft next year and maybe land a marquis player in free agency during the summer of 2013. If Bradley can stay healthy, I think a Rondo/Bradley back court would be solid to build around. This years FA class is pretty thin, but next years is a good one including Al Jefferson. I'd love to see him return.

Riverskier

Pretty sure Pierce will be back, as he has another year or 2 left on his contract. I think they should at least try to bring back Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett (if they don't retire and will accept reasonable $$). I think if they played off the bench through the regular season, in an attempt to keep them healthy, they could really help the C's make another run next post season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
one would think it would be hard for Pierce to walk away from $31M, but you never know.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...n+Celtics+-+Celtics+&+NBA+-+BostonHerald.com)

As for KG, I do see him as someone who wants to leave the game on top, which even though he didn't win a title this year, he would be walking away on top. Switched to center and carried the team on his back to game 7 of the ECF. Doesn't get much better than that for a 36 year old in his 17th season in the league.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Pierce coming back without KG. I think either they'll both be back together or they retire together. One thing to consider was that Pierce was offered to New Jersey at that trade deadline. Does he want to come back only to potentially get traded?

2knees

Pretty sure Pierce will be back, as he has another year or 2 left on his contract. I think they should at least try to bring back Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett (if they don't retire and will accept reasonable $$). I think if they played off the bench through the regular season, in an attempt to keep them healthy, they could really help the C's make another run next post season.

I agree in terms of pierce returning. Although he isnt what he was 5 years ago, he is still a bona fide scorer when healthy. I'd be shocked if they make any effort in bringing back Ray though. As much as I love him as a player, he's a complete one trick pony at this point, a catch and shoot guy. His play around the basket is hard to watch considering how bouncy he used to be. The guy couldnt finish a bowl of cereal anymore.

KG, who knows. I think he will get a large offer from someone but the C's won't be in the mix unless he wants to stay.

bigbog

Think you could be right 2knees....a shame cuz he(KG), if anybody fits in so well, especially his periferral vision = a great passer, and everyone should be healthy next season. One would think the basketball outlook would be optimistic.

Last edited:

bigbog

Will be interesting to see if OKC throws the ball around a little more. They slow up in 1/2-court scenarios.. It took Miami till the late in the 3rd quarter to discover some pic & roll scenarios with Labron finishing...duh, took them 3 quarters to discover this???..LOL, will be interesting in game 2 tonight. Should be a great game...even better than the first one.
Some fun matchups....hope bad luck doesn't end it in 4 or 5....although OKC's on a definite roll.

JimG.

Staff member
NBA marketing department have won the title!!!!!!!

No respect for LeBron eh?

I think the whole "decision" thing is something he regrets ever doing...it was dumb because it took away from the fact that he's the best player in the NBA by a fair margin.

Hopefully some of that was put to rest in the finals...they spanked OKC who everyone thought would win. And LeBron was a stud...triple double last night.

And I'm not a LeBron fan, but I appreciate his talent.