• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No Celtics thread

Geoff

After the lockout, I boycotted the entire regular season. I've been watching them in the playoffs. After Pierce, Allen, Garnett, and Rondo, I didn't know the players. I should get a pink hat to watch them.

With the injuries to the Bulls and Heat, the Celtics might luck out and end up in the NBA finals.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Definitely enjoying the run. Gotta admit, I was in favor of blowing the team up at the trade deadline. Guess that's why Ainge is the GM and not me.

drjeff

No celtics thread, the C's keep on winning (most of the time). Gotta keep the superstition side of it going you know! ;)

soposkier

I think the Celtics have a great shot of going to the finals, but I think who ever wins the spurs/thunder series is going to handle the east champion quite easily.(as seems to be the common prediction) It has been fun though to watch KG back in good form.

Still worried about the future going forward, maybe they have a shot at Howard? doubt it though

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ainge was smart in how he set up the contracts at the start of the Big 3 era, such that cap space would open up for a quick rebuild once their contracts expired.

The problem is, no star free agent has ever come to Boston. Unless they make a trade or get lucky in the draft in the next couple of seasons, it could very easily mean another prolonged period of irrelevance.

kickstand

Still worried about the future going forward, maybe they have a shot at Howard? doubt it though

Why would anyone want that d-bag on their team? I don't care how good he is, he's nothing but a problem. I don't even follow basketball, and I couldn't avoid hearing all the crap about him wanting to be traded, NOT wanting to be traded, trying to get his coach fired, NOT trying to get his coach fired, etc. It was never about anything on the court, it was always off-the-court baloney. He needs to go to "Shut Up and Put On Your Big Boy Pants" school. Frickin cry-baby.

Geoff

I honestly didn't think the Celtics would bring the series back to 2-2. I figured that losing that OT game in Miami was the end.

snowmonster

Random thoughts: Red's ghost swatted away Wade's last second three. Nice to see Allen's shooting touch return. Rondo is a beast The Celtics have a bench. In other news, LeBron fouls out for the first time in his playoff career? What's happening to the refs? Didn't they get the memo? Whoever wins Game 5 takes it all.

2knees

at least the officiating is terrible for both teams now. After game 2, i really wondered how the C's could beat the heat and the refs.

Geoff

at least the officiating is terrible for both teams now. After game 2, i really wondered how the C's could beat the heat and the refs.

celtics%2Bheat%2Bstarting%2Bline%2Bup.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
I keep doubting this team and they keep proving me wrong. If there ever was "gravy time" when it comes a sports team run, this is it. Even if they don't win the title, this is has been one of the most satisfying playoff runs I can ever remember from a Boston sports team. As Garnett said, "Grit and Balls"

snowmonster

I keep doubting this team and they keep proving me wrong. If there ever was "gravy time" when it comes a sports team run, this is it. Even if they don't win the title, this is has been one of the most satisfying playoff runs I can ever remember from a Boston sports team. As Garnett said, "Grit and Balls"

Quoted for truth. Weren't we talking about breaking up this team at the trade deadline. This team has overachieved.

Geoff

I'm going to be less interested if the Celtics win this series and go on to the finals. I'm a life-long Celtics fan but my loathing for LeBron James is what is really holding my interest.

Rushski

5-6-7? Good luck Miami Heat getting those rings. Guess Wade will have to be happy w/the one he has...

kickstand

I tuned in to Game 5 just to see how bad the refs were going to screw the Celtics. Have to say, they weren't bad at all, and I haven't been that shocked at the outcome of a sporting event in quite some time. I thought for sure they were losing.

The only reason I am rooting for the Celtics is I have a friend who works events for the Garden and all the playoff games is extra money for him and his family. The longer they go, the more money he makes.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, if the Celtics pull it off and make the finals, their prospect of winning the title are much slimmer now. They match up much better against the Spurs than they do the Thunder.

I'm sure the league would much prefer a James vs. Durant final than Boston vs Durant. Even if the Cs don't make it, it will be enjoyable watching Durant trash James. Durant is definitely the better player IMO.