• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 5/27/12

BackLoafRiver

Almost didn't make it out tonight...feeling sluggy and lazy but loaded the bike and headed out. So glad I did!! Had to fight the daylight a bit but rolled a sweet 7.2 miles in a little over an hour. Rode the following loop:

Knight's Woods -> Lanzo -> Ragan -> Ragan Bonus Trail -> Lower Ginn -> Bonus trail #2 -> Fox West -> Link -> Fox East (including 2 bonus loops) -> Done.

I would say the majority of trail is riding super sweet. Tacky dirt with very little mud. One of the new side trails off Fox east is a mess. Still needs time to dry out. There are a few other side trails that I had left alone figuring they would be in bad shape.

Highlight of the ride = clearing this stupid little climb that ALWAYS bungs me up. In 3 years of consistently riding this place, I have never made it until tonight. I always turn against a root and slip or I am geared poorly. It sucks. After hitting it tonight, I wondered why I always struggle with it. There really isn't anything to it. And, the other side is a fun little tech-y section that is a blast.

bvibert

Staff member
Highlight of the ride = clearing this stupid little climb that ALWAYS bungs me up. In 3 years of consistently riding this place, I have never made it until tonight. I always turn against a root and slip or I am geared poorly. It sucks. After hitting it tonight, I wondered why I always struggle with it. There really isn't anything to it. And, the other side is a fun little tech-y section that is a blast.
Been there, done that. I tend to let stuff get into my head, which makes it harder than it really is. It's a great feeling when you finally figure it out though!

BackLoafRiver

Been there, done that. I tend to let stuff get into my head, which makes it harder than it really is. It's a great feeling when you finally figure it out though!

I know what you mean. There are 3 spots that are still hanging me up and I haven't figured out how to ride them. On the upside, during today's ride I managed that climb again. I think I have it figured out.