• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Jam @ Hunter starts today

catskillman

Anyone going? Sounds like rain all weekend, again. Bring your raingear.

JimG.

Staff member
Is the snow patch on Hellgate still there?

Last time I was up there on May 10 the patch looked pretty good, but I'm doubting it's still there.

Patch is gone. I will be there. Anyone coming stop by Liftside for a beer.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Never done Mt. Jam. Probably because it always falls the weekend after Strangecreek.

This year was tempting though. I'd love to see Ben Folds Five

catskillman

Warren is Warren. Plays with any band that will let him. He's great, don't get me wrong, and he does pull the festival together, but it's a lot of Warren.

Music on Saturday went past 1am outside. Great & I don't know how they got away with that.

Sunday, rain on and off, very heavy at times and tough even with rain gear. Great variety in music. The Chocolate Drops were great, Farranti can really get the crowd going, a lot of jumping and hands in the air, brought the kids up on stage again, and he ran into the crowd several times. He also hit the handicapped section, however, 90% in that section had no visible handicap.

Winwood did a number of his hits from many bands. Played the keyboards more than the guitar I think. His mike should have been louder. A lot of tunes I had forgotten about.

Caught a bit of Conner Kennedy in Colenals hall. Local kid, apparently 17, and is on his way. Very interesting and amazing for 17. Check him out.

Crowd was much mellower, and more sober than in the past. Spoke to security, not many issues at all this year.

dmc

Great weekend... Solid...

Thursday was a GREAT night... Tough to top imho.
Planet of the Abts was incredible - Warren came out to play "War Pigs" and it felt like I was watching Mule at the Wetlands in 1996. KDTU just plain funked out!!! so good!! Zak Deputy was great as always.. Then Bustle in your Hedgerow closed it out with Zep instrumentals playing until close to 3am..

Connor Kennedy is a friend... He's great..
Caught half his set THEN ran over to see another friend who plays cello in Carolina Chocolate Drops THEN had to run back to see yet another friend play with Jimkata... I was exhausted... haha..

Mule put on a great show both nights!!!
Friday night they played one big set in lieu of 2 due to the weather..
Saturday we all thought the Levon set would be the closer but Mule came back for a incredible 3rd set

The Roots were awesome!! I love that band so much... A blast!!!

I really dig the late night stuff... ETTO, LOTUS, Break Science... All played until 3am.. Great stuff...

So much good music..

Not a big Michael Franti fan - but his set was great... Somehow the dude knows how to control the weather.. It rained a bit then the sun came out and then there was a double rainbow.... crazy..

catskillman

WOW - DMC is back on the board!!!!

Have to agree, it was a great weekend. Franti controlled the weather last year also if I recall. He pointed it out when the sun was moving in & he can certainly get the crowd going.

PS - Any comments on the Tony Lanza getting fired thread?

dmc

WOW - DMC is back on the board!!!!

Have to agree, it was a great weekend. Franti controlled the weather last year also if I recall. He pointed it out when the sun was moving in & he can certainly get the crowd going.

PS - Any comments on the Tony Lanza getting fired thread?

No - I'll let this play out... i think I said enough in the past..