• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VBulletin 4 Upgrade

bvibert

Staff member
Nick is purposely leaving the mobile device autodetect disabled (for now at least), because it was causing some problems (mostly making o3jeff whine).

Once you change it to the mobile theme it will stay that way unless you click on the "Full Site" link. It may revert back if you clear your cookies too, I'd imagine.

MR. evil

Thanks Brian

I like that is not set to auto detect. This way I can have my phone set to the noble theme and my iPad set to the regular theme

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks Brian

I like that is not set to auto detect. This way I can have my phone set to the noble theme and my iPad set to the regular theme
The thing I don't like about is that its not intuitive to most people that there even is a mobile site, let alone how to get to it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
now he changes diapers instead of web sites. . . LOLOLOL

Very true haha. I had three back to back this morning. Changed one, then he pooped, then changed, then pooped again, the third one stuck for about an hour before it had to be changed. hahaha.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Working on that. I can't seem to find where to exclude the forum from that search. I have it fixed on all themes except mobile right now.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I might be able to make more adjustments to the mobile theme later but to be honest I have a few other things I'm finishing up working on first ... maybe later in the summer, unless it's really quick like line height adjustments or something but no way can I get around to a redesign. I can do some searches and see if other mobile themes exist. I might be able to find the one we had before ro a similar version then users can pick which one they want.

Personally, I think the new one is much better, largely because the icon size is finger pressable now. The old one drove me crazy in that I would regularly click on the wrong post because of my fat fingers haha

gmcunni

next on my list of dislikes is how photos show up.. i like the old way when you linked a pic with a URL and it showed up "regular" in the message body vs. now it is like a thumbnail you have to click to really view.

gmcunni

ah, i see, nevermind, i just noticed the "
Retrieve remote file and reference locally" feature and if you turn it off it works the old way.

sorry to have bother you.

testing to confirm -

chemmy0704LM_450x306.jpg