• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VBulletin 4 Upgrade

bvibert

Staff member
My phone does not like the new version.

Seems to work okay with Tapatalk, but it doesn't look like it's autodetecting if you're using a mobile browser. At least mine didn't. I was able to go down to the bottom left and select the mobile theme, which appears to work pretty well.

hrstrat57

Nice Nick!

Check out www.skiervillage.com another ski forum using the same software.....the admin over there has worked out most of the bugs, she is pretty good at tweaking v 4 it appears....might give you a few ideas to check it out.... much smaller forum tho with much less traffic.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks HRStrat! This is the same software we had before; just a newer version of it. There are some advantages and updates I will post about it in a bit.

I have some more styles coming up soon (hint hint) but I will always leave these default ones for those who just can't enough of the Retro AZ

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Just made another tweak so that the post signature doesn't fall below the User profile on the left side. That was making the posts much larger than they needed to be.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Seems to work okay with Tapatalk, but it doesn't look like it's autodetecting if you're using a mobile browser. At least mine didn't. I was able to go down to the bottom left and select the mobile theme, which appears to work pretty well.

I might prefer that actually since the autodetect was causing issues for ipad users (ahem, o3jeff)

bvibert

Staff member
I might prefer that actually since the autodetect was causing issues for ipad users (ahem, o3jeff)

Then it would be nice if there was an easy way to return back to the full site from the mobile site. I used to switch back to full sometimes to do certain things by changing the user agent, but the way it is now once you go to the mobile there no easy way to switch back. There needs to be a link to change back to the full theme.

ScottySkis

Looks good on lap top Nick,i'm like what your doing is positive thing. I just wish mobile 1 wad better. It is better then yesterday morning, if it helps i'm using Android phone takes longer to get get on fourms now fyi.

bvibert

Staff member
Then it would be nice if there was an easy way to return back to the full site from the mobile site. I used to switch back to full sometimes to do certain things by changing the user agent, but the way it is now once you go to the mobile there no easy way to switch back. There needs to be a link to change back to the full theme.

I should look before I type, there's already a link for the full site at the bottom of the mobile site.

bvibert

Staff member
i would like the mobile site back please.

Have you tried setting it to the mobile theme at the bottom left of the page? It seems like it stays set to the mobile site once you do it. There's also an option to switch back if you want to.

The new mobile site is way better than the old one, I might even like it better than using Tapatalk....