• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VBulletin 4 Upgrade

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi Everyone,

Pretty soon I will be upgrading the forum to vBulletin version 4.x. This will provide a couple enhancements. I expect to have to work through a few issues during the migration so please bear with me as we go through this.

Mostly, the styles will be adjusting slightly and I need to validate the gallery will still function correctly, as well as the RSS feeds.

This will probably be sometime in the next month or so. :beer:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
FYi, this will be happening probably early next week. I may lose some theme information temporarily, so please stay tuned :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Update; this is going to happen tonight after 7PM EST.

I expect there to be some issues with the site once complete, some things I will need to check include:

1. The image gallery might not function exactly correctly right away, but I'm not 100% sure
2. The styles for the page will likely be lost; at a minimum the header and the footer will probably break.

The forums themselves, your logins. etc. should all work just fine.

ctenidae

The site was down for a little bit. I got very nervous. I was feeling very vulnerable.

Now it all looks a bit different, and I'm not sure I feel OK with that. This is a very stresful time.

Have fun, Nick. Don't spill beer on the server.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Don't worry, this is the default vBulletin theme, will be working to get it back to normal or closer to what it was :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
As luck would have it the styles didn't convert over as cleanly as I thought. I will be working on them but might not get it done tonight. thanks for your patience all!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Its just a template .... temporary until I get the other styles back. Its the name of the template

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
OK i put up a logo to try and minimize confusion about where everyone is :)

There are still significant more styling changes to happen. This is just a base for now. At least the boards are working hehe

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
There is a modified theme, on the bottom right drop down you can try selecting Flue Blue (working) to see progress.

Also I noticed the Article system blew apart so the news section is gone :)

bvibert

Staff member
I'm going to need better eye glasses.

I'm sure Nick will get it all straightened out, but in the meantime you can select the "Winter (vB3 -> vB4 Conversion)" theme at the bottom of the page. That makes the text a little bigger, and not so faint of a grey.

AZThemeCapture.jpg