• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mass State Police issue ticket to woman in labor

wa-loaf

Same here, crazy driver in my youth (many would say I still am). It's been quite a few years sine my last ticket though.

I had just come back from Germany and was used to driving 100mph everywhere ...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

I'm surprised my mother never yelled at my father more. My dad was born and raised in Germany and drove like it here. Super aggressive. I remember being seven, eight years old and we would get into races with other cards on the freeway and be going 100+ mph.

It's no wonder where it came from. I remember going skiing once we got off the highway in VT he would whip around corners so fast I would be flying left and right in the backseat of the car.

skiNEwhere

I've gotten 4-6 speeding tickets over my 10 years, only my first ticket stuck though (when I was 18), all of my other tickets I've got thrown out. I have a radar detector now and it works great for speed traps(knock on wood), with that said though the most I'll speed is 20-25 over.

legalskier

And then there is the woman who, while in labor rode her bicycle to the hospital. Or the woman in labor who was taken 8KM to a rural clinic by motorcycle.

Or the 8 month pregnant who was tazed for tearing up a parking ticket 2 days ago:
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/187186...for-resisting-arrest-in-walgreens-parking-lot

Or the pregnant woman tazed for refusing to sign a speeding ticket because she thought it would be admitting guilt. The police technically won the case on the lower level but appealed to "clear their names." “It won’t be long,” their brief said, “before the word spreads throughout society’s criminal underground that the Ninth Circuit hasn’t simply given them a ‘get out of jail free’ card, but a ‘never have to go to jail in the first place’ card.”
Michael F. Williams, a lawyer [for] Ms. Brooks, said the criminal justice system would endure even if the police were barred from delivering thousands of volts of electricity into the body of a pregnant woman who refused to sign a piece of paper. “The officers are trying to defend inexcusable conduct,” he said. “They inflicted enormous pain on a woman who was especially vulnerable over what was essentially a traffic violation.”
The SCOTUS was set to hear the case last week.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/u...pregnant-woman-goes-before-supreme-court.html

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not aware of any criminal underground of pregnant women.
:dontknow:

hammer

You slowpoke...

My only speeding ticket was in CT over 20 years ago. Was driving back from a business trip and got nabbed on I-84. Was hoping my uniform would have helped (I was active duty Air Force at the time) but the trooper just wrote me up and said he reduced the speed on the ticket because it was mailable. The biggest annoyance was that the fine was over $100 which at the time made it reportable on security paperwork.

steamboat1

I read that they are considering raising the speed limit to 85mph on a road in Texas.

Does anyone know if there is still no speed limit in Montana from dawn to dusk & 70mph at night. That was the law when I was there about 10 years ago.

ScottySkis

I read that they are considering raising the speed limit to 85mph on a road in Texas.

Does anyone know if there is still no speed limit in Montana from dawn to dusk & 70mph at night. That was the law when I was there about 10 years ago.

When I drove through south states like 10 years ago their was that speed limit it was either Texas(which is huge) or Nevada.

Geoff

Montana's state Supreme Court ruled that their "Reasonable and Prudent" daytime speed limit law was unconstitutional in 2008. Montana has had speed limits since May, 1999.

steamboat1

Montana's state Supreme Court ruled that their "Reasonable and Prudent" daytime speed limit law was unconstitutional in 2008. Montana has had speed limits since May, 1999.

Thanks.

Last time there was the 1st year they put in the tram at Big Sky. Probably 98-99.

Couldn't speed anyway, to many bison on the road.:)