• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass - 6/10/12 - The return of Greg

bvibert

Staff member
Late Saturday night I decided I should go for a nice ride the next morning to celebrate my birthday. On a whim I texted Greg to see if he was ready for his annual ride yet. I expected to hear that he was too busy with his family or some other BS like that, but once I conned him into thinking it was going to be a mellow ride he agreed meet me at 9 the next morning. He opted for starting from Sessions after I told him it would probably be less climbing than starting from the soccer fields.

For some reason I woke up way before I had to, and couldn't get back asleep. I got ready at a leisurely pace and generally tried to waste as much time as possible, but I still got to the parking lot at a bit before 8:30. I got my bike off the car, checked it out, put my shoes on, got my GPS tracker ready, did a couple of laps around the lot... and it was still only 8:40. As the minutes ticked by while I was trying to kill time I began to wonder if I had been communicating with a drunken Greg the night before, would he even remember he's supposed to be riding?? He rolled into the lot shortly before 9, bike in tow, I guess he remembered.

Before we could get going we discovered that his rear brake needed attention, it was dragging pretty good. I tried to realign it, which helped slightly. It felt like it was overfilled, the lever had almost no travel before it locked up. I really wanted to get riding so I told him it would probably be okay, and he bought it. Nothing like doing your second ride in as many years and having the rear brake applied the entire ride! After the ride I decided to try letting a little bit of fluid out of the MC through the bleed port, which helped tremendously. Guess I should have tried that before hand... :lol:

Eventually we started a pretty standard loop by heading across the street and making our way up to 2 Bears. We rode a nice pace, and Greg managed to keep up pretty well, considering he's a rock star who spends most of his free time touring the local bars... I wasn't surprised when he declined the Fat Kid Climb, so we headed into the Cemetery twisties. When we got to it I was little surprised when Greg opted to head up the 69er instead of finishing the Cemetery and heading right Scoville. After rolling to the end of that we took the natural choice of heading back down towards Scoville on Hinman. This was my first time on it this year and it's rolling nicely! Then, not wanting to kill Greg, we skipped any additional detours and finished up on Jug>Scoville Twisties>Truck Trail>Done.

All told we ended up with about 9.5 miles in a little under 3 hours, with 1:40 of actual moving time. It was quite humid and I was sweating bullets, that post ride beer was especially good! It was a great ride though, and it was nice to get back out with one of the guys that I got started riding with. Hopefully we can get him out more than once this year! :beer:

powhunter

Hot...Humid..10 miles...Stuck rear brake (so really 20 miles for him LOL ) Glad to see ya get out Greg!! Hows the shoulder feeling?

Steveo

WoodCore

WOW!! Greg got out for a ride and I missed it, Dammit!!

Sounds like a good loop, how did you like that Bridge on 69er?

bvibert

Staff member
WOW!! Greg got out for a ride and I missed it, Dammit!!

Sounds like a good loop, how did you like that Bridge on 69er?

It was just as awesome as the last 3 times I used it! Greg commented on how much nicer it was too..

How was the fat tire fest at Blue?

powhunter

Would be nice to get a ride in with the "original" "C.L.I.T.S" crew.. Greg..Bvibert..03jeff..Mrevil..2knees..Grassi..and of course anyone else that wants to roll with us

Steveo

MR. evil

Would be nice to get a ride in with the "original" "C.L.I.T.S" crew.. Greg..Bvibert..03jeff..Mrevil..2knees..Grassi..and of course anyone else that wants to roll with us

Steveo

Im game for that.

If we did a more central CT ride like Case Mt of Nathan Hall we might even be able to get Austin and Marc to join us. Matbe we can ever convince Austin to shave and wear a long wig so other riders think he is a girl.......again

bvibert

Staff member

Steveo

I've been thinking the same thing. Getting Greg out was a move in the right direction to make that happen. Now we gotta get Grassi to forget about LAX for a day, but I think the real challenge will be getting Mr. Knees on a bike....

o3jeff

I've been thinking the same thing. Getting Greg out was a move in the right direction to make that happen. Now we gotta get Grassi to forget about LAX for a day, but I think the real challenge will be getting Mr. Knees on a bike....

I have a bike for Mr Knees as long as there are no big drops for him to taco the wheels on.

MR. evil

Mr. Knees is against bikes......just pedaling. If we did this at Highland he would be all over it

2knees

Bring some soda for me!

How many beers have you drank this summer, didn't you use to have a counter in you sig?

yes i did! It was to mock the people who list every single date and place they ski and bike in the signature line. But alot of the dimwits in here took it as being factual....

this summer hasnt officially started however. once youth sports ends, it's game time.

o3jeff

yes i did! It was to mock the people who list every single date and place they ski and bike in the signature line. But alot of the dimwits in here took it as being factual....

this summer hasnt officially started however. once youth sports ends, it's game time.
So you're not impressed with my 2008 and 2009 stats?