• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PhotoPost Pro gallery at the top? Yes or no?

Photopost Members Featured Photos

• Keep it

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kill it

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

bvibert

Staff member
It might be interesting if the gallery received more pictures on a regular basis. We'll probably have the same 4 pictures up there most of the summer, IMHO...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
if it matters I'll be moving the ad positions pretty soon so they don't bump down the forums any longer. Just working on that now

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I'd almost think that if its up there people might think to use it. For myself, however, I don't like posting photos to several places. I post photos to flickr and post links everywhere else. Occasionally I'll post a screen capture of one thing or another but not very often.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I don't like it. But, if you're really into it, why not have a photopost sticky thread at the top of the forums?

I'm still getting used to this whole new version thing. I feel like I moved into someone else's house and I don't know where anything is kept.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Understood, working to make it as seamless as possible. THere are some challenges I wasn't exactly expecting :lol:

bobbutts

I tried to post a big pic and got:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/alpinez/public_html/forums/gallery/image-inc.php on line 152

I think you should try to match the max size in php.ini with the max size you set in this module

Also it would probably be better to select images based on something besides most recently updated.. It's too easy to upload 4 undesirable and unmoderated pics that everyone will see.

edit, it also appears to soften the crap out of the image when it resizes.. maybe a higher jpg quality

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I tried to post a big pic and got:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/alpinez/public_html/forums/gallery/image-inc.php on line 152

I think you should try to match the max size in php.ini with the max size you set in this module

Also it would probably be better to select images based on something besides most recently updated.. It's too easy to upload 4 undesirable and unmoderated pics that everyone will see.

edit, it also appears to soften the crap out of the image when it resizes.. maybe a higher jpg quality

Will check when I get some time ... thanks!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2