• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) Editing in VB4

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
FYI, I just enabled a nice feature of VBulletin that allows WYSIWYG editing. So now you don't need to bother with tags anymore, you can just click bold and type and see it right away.

Note if you want to revert back to standard editing, you can do that in your control panel settings by going to SETTINGS --> GENERAL SETTINGS --> MESSAGE INTERFACE SETTINGS and changing back to default controls.

Capture.PNG

bvibert

Staff member
FYI, I just enabled a nice feature of VBulletin that allows WYSIWYG editing. So now you don't need to bother with tags anymore, you can just click bold and type and see it right away.

Note if you want to revert back to standard editing, you can do that in your control panel settings by going to SETTINGS --> GENERAL SETTINGS --> MESSAGE INTERFACE SETTINGS and changing back to default controls.

View attachment 6210

I'm pretty sure we had that feature in the old version as well...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I don't think it was. VB3 didn't have it and I didn't see any add ons installed to let that happen. But maybe my account was just always set wrong.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't think it was. VB3 didn't have it and I didn't see any add ons installed to let that happen. But maybe my account was just always set wrong.

I didn't use it because I am used to, and like, the tags, but I'm 95% sure we had a WYSIWYG editor in version 3. Not that it really matters, we have it now.