• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Flags on the 48 2012

SilentCal

Today I received word that Wildcat A was covered today which gives us 100% coverage for year! This runs our coverage streak to 9 years in a row. I'd like to personally thank all the VOLUNTEERS who went out under uncertain weather conditions and helped make this years event a success. A big thumbs up goes to David Breton and his Blackhawk crew for the added bonus of a flyby this year. A thank you also goes to the guys of the Steering Commitee who volunteer their time to get this off the ground every year.

Final note: Flags is just a rememberance. Flags is people taking the time to work together to acheive a simple goal. When we worry about the after-party, t-shirts, calendars and what not, we are losing sight of of why we are really out there. I'm commited to keeping this event as "pure" as possible. It's a simple rememberance event and it allows hikers from all aspects of life to participate. Hope to see you all next year. --------> Safe travels, Silentcal

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Eerily, 11 years ago was a gorgeous day until.......

True. I feel like every year, Sep 11th is just an amazingly beautiful day. Have we ever had crappy weather on a Sep 11th since 2001? It seems like it's always a bluebird day .... but yes eerily reminiscent of that morning.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Today I received word that Wildcat A was covered today which gives us 100% coverage for year! This runs our coverage streak to 9 years in a row. I'd like to personally thank all the VOLUNTEERS who went out under uncertain weather conditions and helped make this years event a success. A big thumbs up goes to David Breton and his Blackhawk crew for the added bonus of a flyby this year. A thank you also goes to the guys of the Steering Commitee who volunteer their time to get this off the ground every year.

Final note: Flags is just a rememberance. Flags is people taking the time to work together to acheive a simple goal. When we worry about the after-party, t-shirts, calendars and what not, we are losing sight of of why we are really out there. I'm commited to keeping this event as "pure" as possible. It's a simple rememberance event and it allows hikers from all aspects of life to participate. Hope to see you all next year. --------> Safe travels, Silentcal

That's awesome SilentCal.

Thanks so much for what you do. As I said before, my wife was very good friends with someone who died on 9/11. This past week at the memorial services, I showed her mother what you guys do, and she was very moved by it. What you guys are doing has deep meaning and is truly an amazing rememberance. All the volunteers, thank you!

broken857

hi
SilentCal
Pretty soon I will be upgrading the forum to vBulletin version 4.x. This will provide a couple enhancements. I expect to have to work through a few issues during the migration so please bear with me as we go through this.