• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Want to see Grassi21 host a cooking segment?

Grassi21

Hey there!
I couldn’t resist sharing this video from HooplaHa!

What’s HooplaHa? HooplaHa.com is a great new site filled with feel-good, inspirational content! At last—the solution to depressing, negative news! It’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face every day.

My video on HooplaHa, "Grillin Out" is airing today! Here's the link: http://www.hooplaha.com/grilling-out . Check it out for an instant smile or a good laugh! If you like it, click the "Like" button. If you really like it please leave a comment

You want in on the HooplaHa fun? It’s simple! Here’s how:
· SUBSCRIBE for your Daily Smile email
· LIKE HooplaHa on Facebook
· FOLLOW HooplaHa on Twitter

Thanks for checking out my video!
Happy HooplaHa,
Chris

Grassi21

andy, i have never soaked it. as long as you don't have it over a raging fire and you turn it often you should be fine.

JimG.

Staff member
andy, i have never soaked it. as long as you don't have it over a raging fire and you turn it often you should be fine.

Corn tastes awesome grilled. I usually do soak it if I grill it without the husk; otherwise, I leave the husk on and just put them on the grill.

Or, if you like corn steamed, you can wrap it in foil with butter and grill it...you don't get the smoky flavor, but this method of grilling corn is awesome too.

hammer

Real nice...should not have watched it so soon before lunch though.

You are definitely better about roasting your corn, we usually have blackened husks by the time we are done.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice work chef!!

as far as grilled corn on the cob, best I've ever tried was made by BobR while tailgating at a Further show. Forget how he seasoned it, but it was bomb.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

I usually do corn with steak and as a result, do like a nice hot fire to char the outside of the steak and leave the inside nice and rare. Therefore I always like to soak, but, to each his own. You do look very professional on the video!

Grassi21

To each his own is right. I also like to husk the corn and add it on the grill. Get some real nice color and flavor on the kernels that way. And your approach at cooking steaks is spot on. :beer: