• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wisp, MD 3/13/04

Buckeye Skier 1330

Wisp Md
3/13/04
Conditions: Groomed granular

I had driven past Wisp 3 or 4 times and decided it was time to give it a try. The $20 lift ticket helped convince me, regular peak season price being $46.
It was a beautiful sunny day, some wind, highs in the mid 30's. The snow stayed in good shape all day, but was pretty beat up by late afternoon making many runs icy.
The place has a 610 ft. vertical and 22 trails of which 18 were open. I only found one trail to be steep enough to get your heart pumping. There were a couple of others with a decent pitch but overall a pretty gentle mountain. The runs seemed a lot longer than I expected given the 600 vertical. It is very flat on the summit making it necessary to have a traversing chair lift to help you get around on top, kind of an odd set up. Overall it was a very good day. I'm hoping to go back next weekend!

Greg

Staff member
First report from a mountain included in the recent expansion! Thanks Buckeye!