Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Exclamation Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

Summer solstice has arrived and the clock now ticks toward Winter solstice. The days will only grow shorter from here. As much as three minutes per day once we hit September!

It will only be five weeks until the August ski sales begin. Other than club summer bulk ticket sales, November is the month to watch for preseason ticket deals. But to find all the other "real deals", look here.

Let the cheapness begin!
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

I don't have anything in particular to post yet, but recently I've become addicted to slickdeals.net. It's a deals site with a great forum base. Go there, register and set up deal alerts for skiing, etc. I promise you'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
    I don't have anything in particular to post yet, but recently I've become addicted to slickdeals.net. It's a deals site with a great forum base. Go there, register and set up deal alerts for skiing, etc. I promise you'll love it!
    +1 I'm on Slickdeals all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/12/11...t-tickets.html im sure it was posted last year but it is still a great read on saving of lift tickets.

I picked up a new Geigerrig hydration pack that came with a 2012-2013 passport book....

http://www.geigerrig.com/passport/index.html

This year it did indeed come with a Sugarbush winter ticket (last year it showed up online as a ski ticket, but was only a summer ticket in the actual book). The bad news is almost all the tickets are now Monday-Friday. And a few that used to be freebies are now 2 for 1s. Most are still freebies and there are lots of new areas (Grand Targhe,e whoohoo!!!). I paid about $45 with shipping, so it was pretty much a no brainer.

Sessions & Flow still have their search and win promo going on where you can win free snowboard & ski gear.

This is the Session Search + Win site:

and this is the Flow Search + Win site

While not as good as the old Rossignol promo which unfortunely was discontinued, I still mangage to get some pretty good stuff from both the Session & Flow sites. I got a free pair of Snowboard socks from Flow & a ski jacket & an iTunes gift card from the Sessions promo. It's worth doing them & its fun to think about skiing & riding every time I do a google search

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    . I picked up a new Geigerrig hydration pack that came with a 2012-2013 passport book
    I paid about $45 with shipping, so it was pretty much a no brainer.
    Where did you find one for $45?

I got one last year but it was closer to $100. Now that they changed it, I would hesitate to pay another $100. But $45 would be a different story. (Sun-Thu is ok by me, just use it for Sunday, Saturday is too busy anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Where did you find one for $45?

I got one last year but it was closer to $100. Now that they changed it, I would hesitate to pay another $100. But $45 would be a different story. (Sun-Thu is ok by me, just use it for Sunday, Saturday is too busy anyway)
    This year I bought it from gearbuzz.com, last year from the theclymb.com. Both websites are the limited time offer type sites. There's a good chance it'll show up again. Hopefully somebody will post if they see it.

Also of note, the Descente Passports will include Whiteface and Gore this year. Don't know if they're going to be M-F also, hope not.

West Coast Skiers and Riders- DEAL ALERT!

The SnowBomb Card is on sale for $60 (reg price $150) until July 15 only:
    *THREE FREE LIFT TICKETS
    *TWO FREE NIGHT HOTEL IN RENO

Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

From the mid-Atlantic, SnowTime Resorts (Liberty, Roundtop, Whitetail) has gotten around to setting and posting season's pass prices for 2012-13. Regular rates are $439 before 10/31, and $639 after that. No change from 2011-12, except purchasers the previous March-April paid $429 for a 2011-12 pass. Mountains of Distinction discounts continue (12 more resorts incl. Jay, Jiminy, Sunapee, Okemo, Shawnee, Wintergreen, Seven Springs), as do special rates at Stratton and Breckenridge http://www.libertymountainresort.com...ason-pass.aspx

New this year is a bonus of $50 in Resort Cash if you buy your pass before the end of September. Glad to see that "extra" ... that's several good sandwiches, accompanied by a favorite beverage.

Woody

Thread Information