• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

skivideoguy

I just read ALL of last year's Skiing on the Cheap posts. Wrote down a bunch of what seemed like it might be back and some pricing to remember on deals. Will be looking for certain stuff again this year. Great stuff! Great Thread. Thanks Bill.

My question today is about season passholders getting deals at other mountains. What have been your experiences with this type of offer in past seasons.

Also interested in Ski Super Bowl Sunday deals and St. Patricks' Day Deals. Valentine's Day is a Thursday this year so I'd look at making a weekend of that as well.

HOT in PA today with a nasty line of thunderstorms w possible hail etc. coming today. Nice to think about snow and read last year's thread with a Meathead film on the tube in the background. Think Snow!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wrote down a bunch of what seemed like it might be back and some pricing to remember on deals.

Hey SVGUy, can we count on you to post what you find? Let's share the wealth, even if it means repeating itself.

I am clueless about season passes; it's against my religion ;)
I'm sure others will pipe in, but just don't be in a hurry. Many members go AWOL until September/October.
You are right that you'll find the best pass deals now. Check their facebook pages. They seem to be announcing stuff there sooner than other outlets.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I just read ALL of last year's Skiing on the Cheap posts. Wrote down a bunch of what seemed like it might be back and some pricing to remember on deals. Will be looking for certain stuff again this year. Great stuff! Great Thread. Thanks Bill.

My question today is about season passholders getting deals at other mountains. What have been your experiences with this type of offer in past seasons.

Also interested in Ski Super Bowl Sunday deals and St. Patricks' Day Deals. Valentine's Day is a Thursday this year so I'd look at making a weekend of that as well.

HOT in PA today with a nasty line of thunderstorms w possible hail etc. coming today. Nice to think about snow and read last year's thread with a Meathead film on the tube in the background. Think Snow!

Cannon is always two for one on Super Bowl Sunday.

skivideoguy

Hey Bill,

Sure happy to share what I gleaned. I was looking specifically for Sugarbush, MRG and Stowe stuff so that's what I pulled.

Watch The Clymb for Geigerig Pack special - free SB and BOBO for Hunter
Stowe Club Days - joined ACE, thanks again Bill
Descente Passport - look at the jackets
WCAX - Sugarbush $39 midweek - monitor WCAX
Vermont Pass - 3/$125 or 5/$200 Vermont Ski Area Assoc.
Vermont Travel Club Card
SkiRideFree.com Gas station fillup deal - I filled one last year but didn't get to use it.
RideandskiNE.com
Snoweastmagazine.com - check for specials
Boston Globe - boston.com
WinterGoPlay.com - was good a couple years ago - pickup in travels
Mad Card $144 3 tickets
Ski Movie Premiers - lift ticket w movie
Mountainsportclub.com
St Pat's - $35 at Stowe last year. 3/17/2013
Sugarbush $30 Thursdays at Mount Ellen
PointFM - get a button
Over the Hill Gang - If your 50+ othgo.com
Super Bowl Sunday - Sugarbush $55 or $46
Sugarbush Valentines Day $14
Killington Late Season 4 Play $199
Sundays in March at Sugarbush - $44 or $80/2 days
Mount Ellen $30 rest of season any day started March 5
Stowe St. Pats $35 wear green

Of course there is Liftopia, Groupon and deals for FB Likes to watch for as well.

That's what I gleaned from skimming last year's thread. May the flakes fly early, pile up deep and never thaw!

jaytrem

Nice summary, thanks.

The Clymb had the Geigerig packs a couple days ago during their huge sale. They we're already sold out when I noticed, so I didn't bother posting it. I'm sure there's a good chance they'll be back. I think the price was $56 for one of the larger packs.

Skier4life

Nice summary, thanks.

The Clymb had the Geigerig packs a couple days ago during their huge sale. They we're already sold out when I noticed, so I didn't bother posting it. I'm sure there's a good chance they'll be back. I think the price was $56 for one of the larger packs.

Really hope this one comes back!

k123

Really hope this one comes back!

Definitely try to get one of the geigerrig hydration packs of the clymb. I picked one up last year and use it all the time for hiking and mountain biking. The pressurized system is really nice. Plus I used the Hunter bogo.

SkiRideFree.com Gas station fillup deal - I filled one last year but didn't get to use it.

Thanks for making that nice list of savings!
I filled up 2 of the skiridefree.com coupons and didn't get to use either since they weather did not cooperate in march

skivideoguy

From Win's Word at Sugarbush - Joint College Pass w MRG - wish I was in my 20's!

"In just a few weeks, we will be marketing 2012/13 season passes at our early-season rates (these rates are good until September 12th). This year, we are teaming up with Mad River Glen to offer a joint College Pass and offering a new feature on our For20s Pass that allows a For20s passholder to ski MRG on weekdays for an extra $80 plus tax. This partnership with our famed single-chair neighbor is a joint effort to get more people to understand the special nature of the Mad River Valley, and we hope to find other ways to work closely together in the future.

BenedictGomez

I filled up 2 of the skiridefree.com coupons and didn't get to use either since they weather did not cooperate in march

Hopefully you didnt throw them out. The last few years they haven't changed the sticker color and my guess is they wont do so this year either. Just peel those babies off the 2011-12 ones you have and affix them to 2012/13 and you're good to go. I'm probably the only person who's thrifty (read: cheap) enough to think to do this, but it works.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
[h=1]012-13 Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime ticket packages
Tickets go on Sale on wednesday, August 1 at 10am !!![/h][h=2]Save $10-$18 On Adult Weekend & Holiday Lift Tickets![/h]
*Tickets are transferable, so you can share them with family and friends.

*Tickets are valid any day, including weekends and all holidays.

*Redeem at the ski area for an all day lift ticket, a twilight lift ticket or a night lift ticket.

*Quantities are extremely limited, so once we sell out of a specific ski area, those tickets will no longer be available.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Forgot to mention: BOGO free - use before December 16; both on same day; non-transferable

Thanks for the update. Now, my editorial comment:

BOGOs - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I find them everywhere, all season. Discounts abound before xmas. Gimme a better break than that.It's apt to be in the 70's come December, given the way this summer has shaped up (or down). :sad:

wtcobb

You should get it immediately in your email box. Just print it out & you're good to go.

Yeah I got them, just need to hope for an early snowfall is what I meant! :grin: It's free to get the voucher, so why not sign up with a couple emails and get some just in case we're hit with another Halloween dump.