• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

Smellytele

Peak decided to pull out of SKINH because they thought the cost was not worth what they got from the advertising that SKINH provided. Seeing they had to pay for 3 shares it increased their costs.

darent

I never ever received an e-mail & didn't get one this year either. I've been purchasing them for years. They always sent me a letter with the order form to do it by mail or a fax number if I wanted to do it that way. This year they only sent me a little postcard telling me when they were going on sale & how to purchase. I bet a lot of people got it & threw it out thinking it was junk mail.

never received a e-mail either, to bad that was a great deal, their goes our usual vermont trip unless something else comes up.

steamboat1

never received a e-mail either, to bad that was a great deal, their goes our usual vermont trip unless something else comes up.
Did you read my post you quoted.

They've never sent an e-mail before & they didn't send one this year either.

Keep waiting for that e-mail.

There are better deals out there for VT. ski areas besides the pass.

I use them all.

wtcobb

Apparently Ski Haus charges $95 for a premium tune up and wax. Cause that's reasonable... Not bad with the deal though. I paid $40 at the end of last year.

darent

Did you read my post you quoted.

They've never sent an e-mail before & they didn't send one this year either.

Keep waiting for that e-mail.

There are better deals out there for VT. ski areas besides the pass.

I use them all.

I received a mailing last year that gave me a heads up about the sale, nothing this year and when I read about it on the forum it was sold out

steamboat1

I received a mailing last year that gave me a heads up about the sale, nothing this year and when I read about it on the forum it was sold out

They sent a mailing out but it was different this year. Instead of the business size envelope with the application form inside along with a fax number if you wanted to order that way it came as a small sized postcard. The postcard had tiny lettering on the back explaining how & when to purchase the passes. Like I said in an earlier post I think a lot of people threw the mailing out thinking it was junk mail.

If you already belong to or join a ski club many areas are offering deals all winter that are even better than the VT. Pass. You might want to look into it.

ADKme

Currently on www.southwest.com: 40% off on Southwest flights if you travel 11/28-12/12 or 1/7-2/14.

$205 round-trip Albany-Denver is a real good deal.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Word to the wise

About two -three weeks before the Boston Show, the deals start cranking on line. I'd expect that again this year. Get yourself on all those short-fuse / deal at a time subscriptions.

With the show dates being Nov 8-11, expect the deals to begin flying about October 20th. Suggest you cancel any vacation plans and remain tethered to your 'puter.

There will also be 3-4 deals go down at the show: 3-packs in particular. They won't sell them after the snow.

The eagle has landed.

frapcap

Sugarbush started the trend with the 4-20's pass and it seems some other mountains have taken notice of the smart move Win has made.
Stratton is joining the 20-29 trend with an unlimited seasons pass with no black outs, too. And for the same price, no less.
http://store.stratton.com/eStore/Co...tegoryCode=28&ProductCode=21190&Mode=Standard
This kina makes me want to get two season passes for the price of one so I have mountain choices when the weather or time become issues!

steamboat1

They're back!!!

Well if anyone missed the 1st go round which ended Aug. 30th I believe Killington is again offering 2 for 1 passes good till Dec. 16.

For those that got one but couldn't get another because they already received one from their e-mail address you can get another one now with the same e-mail address, worked for me.

http://www.killington.com/winter/2for1/2for1-skimag-2013/

Last edited:

mriceyman

Thanks for the Killington2 fer heads up.. got a bunch now.. just need some early snow

Smellytele

Okay let me try this - Burke club day Sat Jan 12th - $30 just show your ski club card. Then you can ski the next day at jay for $30 as well but you have to pick up the voucher at the apres party in the Tamarack bar at burke on Saturday. Also you can do a $45 deal at jay which includes the waterpark. Then finally you can stay at the Comfort Inn in St Johnsbury for 99.99 just need to show your club card. To book the room at 802 748-1500 and tell them you are attending the ski club open house. Already booked mine.