Central NH golf

AlpineZone

Thread: Central NH golf

Central NH golf

anyone got a good course recommendation? I played white mountain country club a few years ago and was gonna just book that again but figured i would see if someone had something better. Owl's Nest looks a bit expensive when you take the reviews into consideration.

Canterbury ?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Do you need a caddy?
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Canterbury ?
    looks nice but that is a bit of a drive from campton.

mt washington has 18 and 9 hole course. I played the 9 hole course before it was redone. The 18 hole course has been completely redone in the last 5 years. There is the Jack O'lantern course too.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

I have played most of the courses around here. I live a half mile away from White Mountain. The course sucks, play somewhere else. There is an AWESOME 9 hole course in Sanbornton called Den Brea and it is my favorite course around here. Always in great condition. Not terribly challenging but it is full length. Off the exit for Tilton, you have Peasant Ridge which has a REALLY nice front nine and a meh back nice. Lochmere may be the best in the Lakes Region, just past the outlets. I've never played Canterbury but it looks like a nice course.

Owl's Nest is a beautiful course, very challenging. Great views of the white mountains. I don't think it is worth the money, though. If you are staying in Campton, Owl's Nest is definitely the closest. Waterville Valley has a nine hole but I've never played it. Jack O Lantern is just up the road in Thornton. They're alright but over priced.

Lochmere down in Tilton might be your best bet but that is 30 minutes away from Campton. Mount Washington would be about an hour away. How about the public course up in Bethleham. Always wanted to try that one.

If you were going early or late season, there is an incredible 9 hole in Franconia called Profile Club. It is private and members only during the summer but shoulder seasons they open it up. Only like $30 for a round. Beautiful course, incredible views of Cannon and Lafayette on some of the holes.

Any ways, not a lot of options for you if you want to stay close to Campton. I'd strongly advise against White Mountain. It is one of the most bland and poorly maintained 18 hole courses I have ever played. Owl's Nest or Jack O Lantern are your only two options if you want to stay close to Campton and play 18 or Waterville if you want to play 9. There is a Par 3 in Holderness also if you don't mind working on your short game. Nice course for ten bucks.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    I have played most of the courses around here. I live a half mile away from White Mountain. The course sucks, play somewhere else. There is an AWESOME 9 hole course in Sanbornton called Den Brea and it is my favorite course around here. Always in great condition. Not terribly challenging but it is full length. Off the exit for Tilton, you have Peasant Ridge which has a REALLY nice front nine and a meh back nice. Lochmere may be the best in the Lakes Region, just past the outlets. I've never played Canterbury but it looks like a nice course.

Owl's Nest is a beautiful course, very challenging. Great views of the white mountains. I don't think it is worth the money, though. If you are staying in Campton, Owl's Nest is definitely the closest. Waterville Valley has a nine hole but I've never played it. Jack O Lantern is just up the road in Thornton. They're alright but over priced.

Lochmere down in Tilton might be your best bet but that is 30 minutes away from Campton. Mount Washington would be about an hour away. How about the public course up in Bethleham. Always wanted to try that one.

If you were going early or late season, there is an incredible 9 hole in Franconia called Profile Club. It is private and members only during the summer but shoulder seasons they open it up. Only like $30 for a round. Beautiful course, incredible views of Cannon and Lafayette on some of the holes.

Any ways, not a lot of options for you if you want to stay close to Campton. I'd strongly advise against White Mountain. It is one of the most bland and poorly maintained 18 hole courses I have ever played. Owl's Nest or Jack O Lantern are your only two options if you want to stay close to Campton and play 18 or Waterville if you want to play 9. There is a Par 3 in Holderness also if you don't mind working on your short game. Nice course for ten bucks.
    Nice post Steve, thanks! Been curious about the golf in that area....will chk out some of your reccos when I get a chance...

Not really central NH, but have you have played at The Shaduck? That place is a kick in the nuts, I have lost so many balls there its comical.

I believe the Shaduck at one point laid claim to having the most difficult slope rating of any course in the country.

You should see if powbmps knows anyone who is a member over at Baker Hill in Newbury. One of my best friends is a PGA pro and claims it's as good of a course as he's played anywhere in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post

Great info! Thanks.

Thread Information