• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12 things you should never post on Facebook

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
The two that bug me most:

3. Guilt trips: Posting things like, “Make this your status for an hour or else you were not raised right or don’t care about babies with cancer” just makes people feel bad. This modern version of a chain letter doesn’t help the cause.

Yes, I do care about all the causes, nor do I feel I have to so that I can prove I care
No, I do not want to turn my wall into an ad for all of them

4. Games: This is like forcing people to play charades when they hate parlor games. Ask people first if they like games, and whether they will mind the hacks, spams and viruses that come with some of them.

I just blocked all game invites/information

Philpug

Politics. Keep YOUR opinions to YOURself. I have blocked quite a few people of late.

Mpdsnowman

lol, You really shouldnt let it show your birthday...that way you dont have to answer or "like" all of those repetitive birthday wishes lol

happy birthday
Happy Birthday!
Hey happy birthday buddy!
You have a great Happy birthday!

100 times over please enough lol

whenever one of my friends has a birthday I always try and type something special.....

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
i skip over them too. I have one guy who is constantly posting pro atheism stuff. Another women constantly professing her love to her husband. Like e6x a day. Another girl I went to HS with is a huge yoga fan and is constantly berating everyone for eating meat and not being able to bend their knees to their toes.

I'm probably now that annoying guy who won't stop posting pics of his baby :lol:

Geoff

I've unfriended a couple of people who did nothing but post political dogma to Facebook. I simply don't need to read it.

I have a friend down the street who lost her 20+ year live-in boyfriend to cancer in April. She's always been a drama queen and attention whore but this is totally over the top. Everybody is cutting her some slack at the moment but we're getting tired of the hour long tearful phone calls layered on top of the Facebook stuff.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hmmm

Disturbing photos:
Pictures of starving babies, burned dogs, and people with horrible disfigurements are in poor taste, and very upsetting to some people. We know a good cause is usually involved, but use some discretion.

I know a few AZ peeps who have done this :lol: