• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happened just like Doc Jeff it would !

Warp Daddy

:cool: Well Doc ,u said that 80 barrier would fall someday when I least expected it . today shot a pair of 39's for a 78 on a nice long course . Today I had k9 pars , 3 birdies but also took 3 fugly penalty strokes . but hey when I started this game 9 yrs ago and had that ace in the second yr I set this as a goal so I,m really stoked to get past that sub 80 barrier .

lovin my new Cobra ZL driver too it's added about 25 yds to my carry and I'm now good for 250- 260 consistently. even hit 2 300 hoarders during this dry spell . the fairways are like concrete so u get a helluva roll ; )

thanks to doc Jeff and others who kept pushing me and telling this day would come ! damn I'm stoked p

jrmagic

:cool: Well Doc ,u said that 80 barrier would fall someday when I least expected it . today shot a pair of 39's for a 78 on a nice long course . Today I had k9 pars , 3 birdies but also took 3 fugly penalty strokes . but hey when I started this game 9 yrs ago and had that ace in the second yr I set this as a goal so I,m really stoked to get past that sub 80 barrier .

lovin my new Cobra ZL driver too it's added about 25 yds to my carry and I'm now good for 250- 260 consistently. even hit 2 300 hoarders during this dry spell . the fairways are like concrete so u get a helluva roll ; )

thanks to doc Jeff and others who kept pushing me and telling this day would come ! damn I'm stoked p

That is awesome Warp congratulations!! now do I hear 75??

jrmagic

t
Thanks JR !!!! How's your game lately ?
Not bad. I'm back to most rounds being in the 80s with an occasional one in the 90s thrown in. Either I have a decent amount of pars and no big numbers and other days with multiple birdies along with some big numbers. The way I've been putting I really expected so start seeing some lower numbers but they haven't materialized.

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

I've always said, "You Da Man, Warp!". Glad to see you enjoying your summer.

Thanks Markie and Nick I appreciate the enthusiasm . JR sounds like your game is comin on man. Keep swinging the club and the putts are going to start dropping . Stand tall on.Those loooong lag putts It HELPS

I needed this joy today , I buried 2 pretty close colleagues this week and it was tough , neither was expected

drjeff

Great going their Warp! I never doubted that you wouldn't break 80! And you even had a shot to spare!
Sounds like the new "big stick" is getting the job done too! Also sorry to hear about the losses of your friends, i'm guessing that some of the clarity of life that those events likely brought to the forefront this past week more than helped to just clear your mind of too many golf thoughts and just let you play. As I know I've said before, sometimes an active brain is a golfer's WORST enemy! ;-)

Now just don't get frustrated when your next time out the "golf gods" that were with you on the course yesterday seek their revenge and on your next round ;) :lol: That's why I love the game of golf, you never know what it's going to bring and its also a wonderful combination of physical skill and also intellectual challenge as one is trying to figure out how to work their way around the course with the game that they have on that day!

And as crazy as it may seem, it wouldn't surprise me if you post a score flirting with 75 in the not too distant future now that that mythical barrier of a score where the 1st number is a 7 has been broken for you!

Warp Daddy

Great going their Warp! I never doubted that you wouldn't break 80! And you even had a shot to spare!
Sounds like the new "big stick" is getting the job done too! Also sorry to hear about the losses of your friends, i'm guessing that some of the clarity of life that those events likely brought to the forefront this past week more than helped to just clear your mind of too many golf thoughts and just let you play. As I know I've said before, sometimes an active brain is a golfer's WORST enemy! ;-)

Now just don't get frustrated when your next time out the "golf gods" that were with you on the course yesterday seek their revenge and on your next round ;) :lol: That's why I love the game of golf, you never know what it's going to bring and its also a wonderful combination of physical skill and also intellectual challenge as one is trying to figure out how to work their way around the course with the game that they have on that day!

And as crazy as it may seem, it wouldn't surprise me if you post a score flirting with 75 in the not too distant future now that that mythical barrier of a score where the 1st number is a 7 has been broken for you!

Thanks Doc for your inspirational support . This was a real thrill for me and you are on target about the calmness and confidence that was going on yesterday . Some shots were unreal , difficult over trees blocking Lin of sight where a 6 iron plopped it 3 f from the pin at. 160 yds. And another birdie on a par 5 island style green where my 2 hybrid
naile the green from 225 . TThat JUST doesn't happen in my normal game but I could really "see"
the shots in my mind yesterday .

Thanks again , your game always inspires me

Warp

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I haven't played yet this year, I'm going to South Carolina in August for a week and will try to get in a round. I'm always excited if i can break 120. haha.

Warp Daddy

Yeah Nick , golf is just one of those very difficult games with soooo many independent variables that can wreak havoc on the mind ;).

Just relax take it back slow and don't squeeze the hell out of the club and swing too damn fast , it'll screw up your balance and make u come from outside in rather than thru the ball. Keep your muscles relaxes not tensed up like in baseball . like one my golf buddies says HE .S A GREAT YOUNGER GOLFER FROM SOUTH AMERICA HIS ADVICE WHEN I,m over thinking or just messin up " hey Warpie JOOST HEET DE BALL MAN "

have fun and remember its just a damn game ;)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Actually Warp, I've always prided myself on my mediocre playing abilities. Logic: since I'm not that great of a player, I have nothing to get frustrated about.

Result: I enjoy playing, just for being outside on the greens, and if I duff a couple shots or get into the double digits on a par 3 I don't worry about it.

Warp Daddy

Lightning strikes twice in a week , just shot a 76 today with 10 pars and 2 birdies . .we had rain all day yesterday so the big rolls are over but damn the greens are really holding nicely

drjeff

Lightning strikes twice in a week , just shot a 76 today with 10 pars and 2 birdies . .we had rain all day yesterday so the big rolls are over but damn the greens are really holding nicely

NICE playing there Warp! And let me just forewarn you, if your brain is thinking something like "at this pace, i'll be shooting in the 60's in a few weeks!" :idea: Well then quit after 16 holes! :lol: Keep the ball in the short grass and may the 'ol flat stick keep rolling them into the dark abyss that is the bottom of the cup!

jrmagic

Congrats again Warp!! man you're on a roll. Thre's nothing better than seeing a tough shot in your minds eye and just knowing your gonna be able to execute it and then do.

Warp Daddy

Thanks Doc,nick and JR. Doc I've shot a 63 and several other rounds in the 60's already BUT on a par 59 course I used to play AND that my friend Is the ONLY way i'd ever shoot in the 60's ; )