• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another Mountain Off the NELSAP List: Mount Eustis, NH to Reopen 2012-2013

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Cool!

I have some serious updates to do in the Resorts section. I think there are several that are missing and several that are on there but have since been shut down.

Terry

Thats awesome. I hope that they are successfull for the kids sake. We need more small local places like this to get the kids interested in a lifetime of outdoor activity. Kids need to get away from their computers (as I am sitting at one!), cell phones, and video games and experience the great outdoors. Who knows, it could start a lifelong passion in some of them.

Telemechanic

This is great news. I love the local hill and tow here in Lincoln.

The point about the insurance not including snowboarding is interesting. Considering the popularity of snowboarding I'd think Littleton would want to allow it.

snowmonster

That is good news. I hope it works out. Any area that gets taken off NELSAP is a good thing. I believe that this ski area is included in the "Lost Ski Areas of the White Mountains" book.

Great find, TB. How do you find these articles? Do you have a web-crawler that pulls down ski related news? Or are you just bored with summer that you scour the web for anything snow related?

SIKSKIER

I had a log skihouse about a mile from Eustis in the late 80's.One thing that won't return with this area is its original vertical.I-93 cut right through the bottom of its slopes when it was built.

thetrailboss

Staff member
That is good news. I hope it works out. Any area that gets taken off NELSAP is a good thing. I believe that this ski area is included in the "Lost Ski Areas of the White Mountains" book.

Great find, TB. How do you find these articles? Do you have a web-crawler that pulls down ski related news? Or are you just bored with summer that you scour the web for anything snow related?

:lol:

Just saw it in my old hometown paper.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bummed to hear that the tow is not going to make it this season and is slated to open next year according to the Caledonian Record.

LITTLETON, N.H. -- Although originally planned for revival this winter, the Mt. Eustis Ski Tow is now slated to open next year, but with plenty of activities in between.
[FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Friday, December 14, 2012[/FONT]

4aprice

Good luck to them and I hope they make it. What a great thing for the kids in that area. I belive there is a similar place in Lebanon NH called Storr's Hill. Would have loved to have grown up with something like that in my town.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ