Stowe Pass??

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stowe Pass??

Stowe Pass??

Looks like I'm moving to VT (whoo hoo!) and am pricing out passes for Northern VT mountains.

Stowe doesn't list a price for an adult pass on their website. Anyone out there have a pass last year who can give me an estimate on this?

Thanks! =)

Items for Sale
    Welcome to vt. Stowe won't list until after Labor Day which is, coincidentally, after all other mountain deals are over. Last seasonit was over $1,800 for a single adult pass full season. Save your pennies....
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Welcome to vt. Stowe won't list until after Labor Day which is, coincidentally, after all other mountain deals are over. Last seasonit was over $1,800 for a single adult pass full season. Save your pennies....
    Thanks! Pretty steep cost but that's about what I was expecting.

Worth the $$? Overly crowded on the weekends? I have only been once and it was during a storm, most lifts were closed and I skiied powder all day.

Thinking my $$ might be better spent at Smugg's or Jay.

Stowe is a great place to ski. No question. However, cost is a personal question. I try to ski Stowe when the budget allows. Last year, they had a promo that let you ski cheaper on Sundays if you had the RFID card. I've looked into the option of getting a season pass. But, much as I love skiing Stowe, I personally didn't think it was worth the cost of a season pass. It was just too steep.
    Last edited by snowmonster; Jul 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Items for Sale
    Consider Sugarbush. Good, solid mountain and good service.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I will thanks. I caught a day at SB for the big storm towards the end of Feb this past season. Pow every run. Loved the terrain and the vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    Stowe is a great place to ski. No question. However, cost is a personal question. I try to ski Stowe when the budget allows. Last year, they had a promo that let you ski cheaper on Sundays if you had the RFID card. I've looked into the option of getting a season pass. But, much as I love skiing Stowe, I personally didn't think it was worth the cost of a season pass. It was just too steep.
    Agreed. Way too much. You can get a pass good for several Colorado resorts for less than 1/2 that price.

Where will you be living in VT ? Planning to ski a lot on weekends or weekdays ?

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Where will you be living in VT ? Planning to ski a lot on weekends or weekdays ?
    Burlington area. I ski always on the weekends and some during the week depending on how busy I am with work.

If there is a week day storm chances are I'm playing hooky.

How old are you? last year they had a deal for people in their 20s for a season pass. It sounded like it went well, and they would likely do it again. It was an effort to get a younger crowd "sold" on the mountain.

While I like Stowe the town and ski area, if I was living in Burlington I'd probably choose between Jay and Sugarbush. This year you can buy a pass for Jay & Burke, which from what I hear is a great place to ski.
    2017-2018

Ski Visits in PA
    Ski Visits in VT
    Total Ski Visits

Ski Roundtop
    Ski Liberty
    Stowe
    Sugarbush
    Killington

Thread Information