• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Few questions on uploading .jpg images into personal albums

bigbog

Having trouble uploading .jpg images into personal album....
Any size limit?
When pics automatically upload once selected....do we still click on the "upload" button?
Does every box have to be filled out...ie Subject Matter, Title...etc?

Thanks....Friday is getting closer..LOL, but not fast enough.

Puck it

I can not upload any pics in the gallery or in a thread. In a thread, it keeps telling to resize it smaller and smaller. It be broke for some of us!

Never had this issue on Andyzone!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Puck it

This is the error now

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 22676 bytes) in /home/alpinez/public_html/forums/gallery/image-inc.php on line 117

bigbog

To be a little more accurate than my previous rambling, the File Upload Manager will not let me upload(I Understand...I've reached my quota) or, more importantly, DELETE anything from the list of pics for attachments....to make room for more pics.

Last edited:

Puck it

I call upload some pics to the gallery. I still can not embed in thread though from my computer or url.

WTF!!!!!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
OK looking at the attachment issue. I think it has to do with total quota. I tried to remove the quota entirely but got a database error, i think it's because of some older outdated plugin.

Puck it

If I uncheck this then the pic posts from the URL

Retrieve remote file and reference locally

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I removed attachment limits, can you try again Puck it?

The retrieve remote file is basically a new way of attaching images via hotlink. Before when you would use the IMG tag and include a URL it would simply show the image. If the source of the image changed; then you could have a broken image link. Retrieving the remote file just copies the image to the server and references it locally so the image won't break in the future.

You don't have to retrieve it if you don't want to.

Puck it

inserting image locally or from the URL still does not work for me. The gallery appears to be fixed though.