• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Limit to attachments?

bvibert

Staff member
From insert image and from url. That check box. Retrieve file remotely and reference locally.

Okay, gotcha. I thought we were talking about inserting pictures from the attachment manager.

I just loaded the picture above using the method you describe, with no problem.

wa-loaf

THHelpItsBroken.jpg

So the problem isn't how many attachments I have, it's the actual attachment size that's the prob here. Small image above worked fine, big one below had to be hot linked.

bookjpg-6c3378d79b8e8431.jpg

Puck it

View attachment 6471

So the problem isn't how many attachments I have, it's the actual attachment size that's the prob here. Small image above worked fine, big one below had to be hot linked.

bookjpg-6c3378d79b8e8431.jpg

Same here. But it keeps on telling the size is too large even if I descrease the size below what the error message said the limit was.

Puck it

Now it is giving an error that states the png file has the wrong extention when the is actually a jpg.

If I uncheck the box the files attaches fine.

like this

square_278038257.754934121.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
Now it is giving an error that states the png file has the wrong extention when the is actually a jpg.

If I uncheck the box the files attaches fine.

like this

square_278038257.754934121.jpg

I don't think it likes the file name on that one. The "." in the file name is probably screwing it up. I just tried and got the same result.

Can you try using the URL below to see if it will let you insert it with the check box checked?
http://adsoftheworld.com/files/images/EFFEN-SkiBunny.preview.jpg

wa-loaf

bigbog

Interesting. I'm curious what would happen if you saved that pic to your computer and then added it as an attachment using the attachment manager?
...will try that in a few...
Steps to delete a few attachment pics worked cleanly!
Now for size differentiation......
pic#1...133KB on home disk:in gallery = 132.9KB...upload into gallery = no errors, pic in gallery.
Attached pic went inline just fine. 2nd pic(130KB) hit a quota limit though...will delete some other pics. As just another dagger from the Users...LOL...maybe a quota has been set for single posts?...y/n?
My "just point and click" camera skills do make the mountain look somewhat like a cropped mound....guess that's what happens to an object in the background, out of focus..

Attachments

• FromShoreline1.JPG
    FromShoreline1.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Puck it

Interesting. I'm curious what would happen if you saved that pic to your computer and then added it as an attachment using the attachment manager?

EFFEN-SkiBunny_preview.jpg

It works if I save the file to my computer and then insert the image.

wa-loaf

That creates an extra step ... and I'm lazy. If you want me steal pics from other sites for your entertainment here you gotta make it easy for me! :p

View attachment 6474

It works if I save the file to my computer and then insert the image.

bvibert

Staff member
That creates an extra step ... and I'm lazy. If you want me steal pics from other sites for your entertainment here you gotta make it easy for me! :p

I didn't mean to suggest that method as an alternative, I was just curious if it worked. I'm trying to help narrow down the problem for Nick.

It seems that it's not a problem with attachments in general, just when images are copied directly from a URL.

wa-loaf

There's no option to upload an image from your desktop in private messages. Only the paste URL option.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm trying to review this again. I have a post out on vBulletin for support --> https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/408742-Some-users-are-unable-to-upload-attachments

Can you confirm again:

PuckIt - the issues are with:
a) You can't upload images to the Photopost gallery (http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/)
b) You can't upload images manually (Try Albums --> http://forums.alpinezone.com/album.php)
c) You can't attach an image to post directly (by clicking the IMAGE button and choosing select from computer)

Finally
d) What do you see when you go to ATTACHMENTS --> http://forums.alpinezone.com/profile.php?do=editattachments

Mine says I'm using 4.11MB to store 88 Attachments. What do you see?