• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lance Armstrong folds

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Who cares! The whole sport dopes.
I don't think that is true as much any more and the doping has definitely had to go to the micro level due to the success of the bio passport. I think it is feasible that a clean rider could win a major race now. Whereas in the LA era, it was impossible. Actually, from the books I have read, a lot of guys didn't dope in the LA era. But they didn't do so well. Some didn't have resources, some didn't have money, some actually made a moral position. Those are the guys that were worst effected by the major doping push... the guys that tried to race clean and couldn't.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i googled but couldn't find it - anyone know why he chose Oprah of all people to confess to? Wife says it is because he knew Oprah wouldn't push hard on details related to the "how" he cheated.

What I've been hearing is that Oprah paid Lance big time money for the interview. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. He's probably going to need all the cash he can get with how much he's going to get sued in the coming years by all the people he steamrolled.

Puck it

I don't think that is true as much any more and the doping has definitely had to go to the micro level due to the success of the bio passport. I think it is feasible that a clean rider could win a major race now. Whereas in the LA era, it was impossible. Actually, from the books I have read, a lot of guys didn't dope in the LA era. But they didn't do so well. Some didn't have resources, some didn't have money, some actually made a moral position. Those are the guys that were worst effected by the major doping push... the guys that tried to race clean and couldn't.

Bcause they all i have been caught.

wa-loaf

How is somewhat irrelevent. Opera started out the interview with some straight up yes or no questions. Once he admitted to doing all the dope, who cares about the how? I know USADA and WADA would love more details to throw out additional racers but when everyone already believes that everyone was doped to the gills (at least the top guys) back then, what is the point?

I think he picked Opera because he wanted a national audience, particularly people that are NOT cyclists and fans. I think he wanted to sway the court of public opinion back into his favor. I'm sure OWN offered him a nice pay check, too. He may need that soon to pay for lawyers.

I'm now picturing Lance in a viking helmet and blond pony tails singing out his confession on stage.