• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Pre-Season Turns on 11/24 and 11/26

thetrailboss

Staff member
Weather and conditions permitting, I will probably be here. Why you ask? Well, it is closer to 91 than K-mart; it's also en route between the NEK and Worcester, MA (where I have to go to see inlaws). And it hopefully will be less crowded than the big K.

PM for more details....

tree_skier

Sneaux plans on opening turkey day but may be downloading. Look for upper canyon, river run and chute first with additional as weather permits

roark

I'm planning on being there early tomorrow for a short session - will still have to cook the bird!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I am on the fence, re: Friday at Snow. Just ran some calcs and it is almost the same distance and time, all things considered.

May do Snow on Sunday.

Greg

Staff member
Just so you know - they are downloading at Mount Snow this weekend. I would opt for Killington if I had to choose. For all the flack Killington gets for not opening earlier via downloading (by me too, I admit), when you have a top-to-bottom option vs downloading options, the T2B looks more attractive...

Or you can just come down to Jiminy on Saturday instead... ;)

roark

Just so you know - they are downloading at Mount Snow this weekend. I would opt for Killington if I had to choose. For all the flack Killington gets for not opening earlier via downloading (by me too, I admit), when you have a top-to-bottom option vs downloading options, the T2B looks more attractive...
Yes, but I'd rather have Chute than anything that will be open at K. And hopefully there are less people there. ;-)

Greg

Staff member
Yes, but I'd rather have Chute than anything that will be open at K. And hopefully there are less people there. ;-)

Agreed, totally. [POST="123948"]2knees set me straight[/POST]. Chute will be the most challenge in the East this weekend, by far. I take it back, TTB. Go to Snow on Friday.

tree_skier

If weather cooperates they may not have to download on friday. They are opening tomorow downloading but are trying to get standard open asap. Employee/dependant passes are blacked out through the weekend, so I will be at the big game watching the Monadnock Fighting Huskies whump the keene bleak birds again.

Greg

Staff member
So you think that Chute will be worth it? I've never been to Snow.

No. I take it all back ([POST="123986"]click[/POST]). Sorry for the confusion. Go to Killington.

roark

If weather cooperates they may not have to download on friday. They are opening tomorow downloading but are trying to get standard open asap. Employee/dependant passes are blacked out through the weekend, so I will be at the big game watching the Monadnock Fighting Huskies whump the keene bleak birds again.
Your alma matter?

Greg

Staff member
No. I take it all back ([POST="123986"]click[/POST]). Sorry for the confusion. Go to Killington.

[POST="124004"]I'm a dummy.[/POST] So, yes, TTB - make a visit to Mount Snow one of those days, at least...

Greg

Staff member
What is cool about Chute?

Steeper than anything else you're going to get this weekend. It's a straight, down the fall line run on the North Face. If it's the run I'm thinking of, it's pretty narrow liftline with lift 10 overhead.