• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 NFL Season

Mpdsnowman

Poor sanch lol....Meanwhile the Bills...again...allowing chris johnson to run up and down the field lol...and fitz...beautiful int at the end there..

deadheadskier

Staff member
If it wasn't for Buffalo choking, I'd be undefeated in my office football pool for the week. bastards

speden

I'm starting to think the problem in the Pats secondary isn't the players, it's the coaches. They often seem to go into a crappy zone defense and hardly ever blitz. I guess they are afraid to blitz since they think they might give up a big pass play. But they are giving up big pass plays anyway, so what's there to lose.

There also seems to be a trend where corners join the team and start out looking pretty good, but then the longer they are "coached up" here, the worse they seem to play. They never turn their head to play the ball and the only way they can stop people is by holding and pass interference. They seem more concerned with making the tackle after a catch than stopping the catch in the first place.

Lloyd looked really bad yesterday. What a drive killer. Branch is pretty much invisible. Evil Edelman was back causing the only good receiver we've got, Welker, to be used less. Thank heaven for the tight ends.

Cornhead

The Jets are pathetic, Ryan must go, Sanchez must go, and though I have no proof, Tebow must go. The effort, or lack there of, they displayed today against the Dolphins was embarrassing. Even their usually good special teams stunk up the joint today. I guess playing the Pats tough last week, in a loss, was enough to make them over confident today, sad. Damn you Joe Namath, you've lead me into 43 years of pain. I've even passed this curse to my Son. Last time I trust a cross dressing drunk.

Geoff

The Gronk "Changing of the Guard" spike was appropriate for a London game :)

eLDIi4Zx.gif

drjeff

Patriots really starting to get it going now! Bring on the niners next Sunday night and hopefully help work on another victoryand getting the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC and a 1st round bye! :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
They need the bye for sure to hopefully get Gronk back healthy. I don't think this team is capable of beating a Manning lead team (either Eli or Peyton) without that dimension to their offense. Even not having Edelmen I thought hurt a bit last night. Yes, they scored 42 points, but they got lucky at some opportune times last night with some gift penalties in their favor on third downs and being on the right side of some fluke plays. There was a good portion of the game where the Texans completely shut NE down and Brady had no where to go with the ball. I thought last nights blowout was more a function of Schuab having a really bad game than New England totally dominating.

Another test next week with San Fran. I don't think a Harbaugh coached team will come here as unprepared as Houston did.

speden

That was a fun one to watch. I really like how the Pats running game has grown stronger over the season. Other teams have to respect the run now, and you could see how that made the Texans bite on the play action passes. It was so effective, even Brandon Lloyd got open.

Wilfork was a monster last night. He's really come into his own now and can just wreak havoc. Spikes seemed to have an off night though. Also nice to see a healthy Hernandez back in action. If Gronk's back for the playoffs, they could go far.

Pass protection still seems shaky. Not many sacks of Brady, but he got hit a lot. Kind of looked like the Brady of old, where he wasn't afraid to stand in there and throw the ball at the last second knowing he was going to take a hit. The 49ers game should be another good one.