• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fantasy Football

Mpdsnowman

Anyone own any teams this year? Ive got one, 1-0 is my record lol

We have 16 teams in our league. Most of these guys are hardcore lol. Me I just have fun with it. Funny thing was I couldnt make the draft because I help out at the Carrier Dome for SU Football games. So they did just for my team this autodraft lol. I end up with Vic and Mccoy from Philly, 49rs defense, RG3 and andy dalton as backup qbs., Larry Fitzgerald LOL and that tight end from Denver manning will throw to all year. Ohhh and I got Spiller from Buffalo and it looks like he will be starting for awhile now.

I was just curious if anyone on here got involved with fantasy football

deadheadskier

Staff member
Been in a league with friends for the past 5 seasons. 10 teams, $25 each, winner take all at the end of the season. Looks like I'll be 2-0 after this week, but last year I was in 1st place after 10 games at 8-2 and finished up 9-7. :lol: A couple of injuries to key players can pretty much kill your team, so there's a fair bit of luck involved.

Mpdsnowman

tell me about it injuries can kill you. Im 2-0 right now. funny thing is ive got spiller from buffalo who is replacing their starter jackson who is hurt. well see how long that pans out but for now he is on fire...

the league i am in these guys are hardcore. I just have fun but this year i really have a good team lol...

deadheadskier

Staff member
one of my key injuries last year was Fred Jackson, lol. He was crushing it the 1st half of the season. I was tempted to draft him again, but being that he's over age 30, I passed.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I am horrible. I tried last year playing for the first time ever. My team went 1-15. I lost something like $100.

Lame!!!

jrmagic

I am horrible. I tried last year playing for the first time ever. My team went 1-15. I lost something like $100.

Lame!!!

I'm in a couple for fun and one that is pretty serious with an auction draft and 3 franchise spots from the prior year that I've been in for at least 15 years. In that league I'm 1-1.

Mpdsnowman

Well for those that played cam newton last night or DeAngelo Williams combined they only totaled 16 points. But if you had Andre Brown the Giants running back who is filling in, he got 26 points...

Eli Manning netting 15 and Steve Smith ended up with 8 which was below the projection...

I had a feeling the giants were going to take that game. Im still not buying cam newton yet...

Savemeasammy

Bumping this old thread. There isn't a whole heck of a lot of skiing to talk about, but ff season is underway. I am commissioner of 2 leagues - one of which is a 12 team dynasty league I started last year. I had a few guys drop out, so MadMadWorld and Tin each took over a team. Outside of one or 2 of the managers, I think the rest of us will make it fun and competitive. I also am commissioner of my 12 team family league, and I'm in my brothers 10 team league.

My dynasty season is off to an auspicious start. I'm playing MadMadWorld in one of my games (we play doubleheaders). I have Lacy. He has Lynch. Argh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xwhaler

Nice! I love fantasy football. I had a decent game from my WR3 Randall Cobb on Thursday night. Hoping for good things tomorrow!