• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Subaru

yeggous

6k miles per year? Everything must be really close by in Utah. I've never put less than 20K miles per year on a car.

I put 20k+ on my car every year I've lived in the Merrimack Valley. When I lived in New Haven, I drove much less. 10k max. Lifestyles are very regional.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, outside of a three year stint in the Midwest/Atlantic, I've lived in VT, NH or ME exclusively since 1995. Going to see a friend up here is often a 20 mile drive, not 4-5 like southern New England. My 2013 model year Mazda I bought in July of 2012 just rolled past 100k miles last week.

wa-loaf

I put just as many miles as you it looks. Any thoughts on a diesel? I have been looking at them online the last few days?

Really happy with my sportwagon. But for now if you want AWD you'll have to jump up to Audi or BMW.

wa-loaf

All set there! Though need new ones this year, maybe time to start up a snow tire thread ...
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1442070652.986186.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ThinkSnow

I'm late to this post, so sorry if this is a repeat, but does anyone know how the Yokohama Geolandar G91's handle in Snow? They are original equipment on the 2015 Forester.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My wife recently bought a '15 Forester. We've had it since November so we've been driving it through all of this winter's snowy weather and it's been great. But Saturday and Sunday it was virtually undrivable on the road conditions we had. On Saturday we were on 93N and starting drifting all over the road. It felt like we had literally zero traction. We carefully slowed down and got off at the first exit. I scraped all of the snow out of the treads thinking we may have just iced up. Got back on the highway and same thing! Felt like we could just start spinning at any moment even going 30MPH. Other people were passing at 70. We ended up crawling through back roads just to make it to Lincoln. Then Sunday we couldn't even get out of town to get to Cannon. We were all over the road.

Are these Geolanders literally the worst tire ever?

Post 2013 on outlines his bad experience with the Geolanders

Geoff

Looks like ours!

Everything looks like it. My Vermont next-door-neighbors have a 2015 the identical color. Fortunately, we have different ski boxes.
18305315855_d9085f58c5_c.jpg

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Last edited:

darent

I have Hankooks all weather on my Escape and used them last year in all that snow. not too bad. Not as good as the winter tires I had on my subie. I was bummed my winter tires wouldn't fit the new ride but I am looking for a winter setup for the Escape.

Tin

Anyone have a driver's side tail light gremlin? Brake light has now been changed 3 times in a year. A friend of ours up the street has the same issue. 2008 Outback and Legacy.