Subaru - Page 34

AlpineZone

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Subaru

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    The 3.6 is decent but the non-turbo 2.5 from 96-2013 could be the worst motor ever mass produced.
    I had a 2011 Outback that had 95k on it when I traded it in and used no oil. I did put synthetic in it though for its entire life. Mind you, I put all those miles in less than 4 years. I have a 2015 Legacy 3.6R with no issues, but it only has 22k on it. I work from home now, so most of that is ski miles....

I had a Subaru for a whole month and never had oil issues never even changed the oil. Thanks to a woman that decided to go through a read light.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    I had a Subaru for a whole month and never had oil issues never even changed the oil. Thanks to a woman that decided to go through a read light.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    No problems with my 2017. It is a redesigned model though. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Just pulled the trigger and ordered 2018 Outback Limited loaded , traded my 2012 same model got top buck and then some My new dealer 3 hrs away was 4 k under the local dealer . Loved my ' 12 , still got my wife's '14 Rav XLE niice backup second local hop tool
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Daddy View Post
    Just pulled the trigger and ordered 2018 Outback Limited loaded , traded my 2012 same model got top buck and then some My new dealer 3 hrs away was 4 k under the local dealer . Loved my ' 12 , still got my wife's '14 Rav XLE niice backup second local hop tool
    Does it have the EyeSight? I use mine a lot.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Does it have the EyeSight? I use mine a lot.
    Yup ! We custom ordered ( done it before ) couldn't find the color Dark Blue Pearl with white leather heated seats with the options we wanted , so will get this some between Thanksgiving and Christmas .

how are you liking yours so far ?
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Daddy View Post
    Yup ! We custom ordered ( done it before ) couldn't find the color Dark Blue Pearl with white leather heated seats with the options we wanted , so will get this some between Thanksgiving and Christmas .

how are you liking yours so far ?
    I have the four cylinder 2.4 Premium. Love it. Awesome mileage. Awesome AWD performance in snow. After one year, very happy. Only (major) downside, is that beware that if you a rock hits your windshield and it cracks that you have a very long wait for a replacement windshield. It took me over two months to get a windshield for mine because of the EyeSight. They had NO windshields for my car on the entire continent.

The EyeSight makes my commute a real breeze. It saves me hard braking and sets the pace in traffic. It is one step below fully autonomous driving in my mind. I also use the lane assist and that helps keep the car in the lane nicely for me. The blind spot detector has saved me multiple times.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I have the four cylinder 2.4 Premium. Love it. Awesome mileage. Awesome AWD performance in snow. After one year, very happy. Only (major) downside, is that beware that if you a rock hits your windshield and it cracks that you have a very long wait for a replacement windshield. It took me over two months to get a windshield for mine because of the EyeSight. They had NO windshields for my car on the entire continent.

The EyeSight makes my commute a real breeze. It saves me hard braking and sets the pace in traffic. It is one step below fully autonomous driving in my mind. I also use the lane assist and that helps keep the car in the lane nicely for me. The blind spot detector has saved me multiple times.
    Strange. I had my windshield on my 2011 Impreza replaced in a few hours of cracking in New York. Maybe your guy was not prepared or there was a supply issue. I am looking to buy a Crosstrek soon. Any advice?

I owned a 2000 2.5 outback, had it for 12 years and it never burned any oil.I really liked the car but it was the most expensive car I ever owned to maintain.Spent a fortune on brakes, they always felt spongy and the constant check engine light thing drove me nuts.The rear subframe rusted and broke at 75000 and I got rid of it.Don't no if I would buy another Subaru.

eyesight is the best

Thread Information