Subaru - Page 39

AlpineZone

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    We just ordered a VW Golf Alltrack. You should test drive one

I'll let you take ours for a spin, but it won't arrive until October. We had to special order ours to get the colors J wants in a manual transmission

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Nice looking ride. Im all about a real wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Nice looking ride. I’m all about a real wagon.
    Does look nice, but I could probably never bring myself to buy a VW given the issues my family had with a Jetta that was ALWAYS in the shop or VW's emissions scam.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Does look nice, but I could probably never bring myself to buy a VW given the issues my family had with a Jetta that was ALWAYS in the shop or VW's emissions scam.
    Yes, I agree. I owned 4 in a row in my younger days and love how they (and Audis) perform but there are maintenance issues that Im too cheap to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Yes, I agree. I owned 4 in a row in my younger days and love how they (and Audis) perform but there are maintenance issues that I’m too cheap to deal with.
    Yes, my brother's A4 is another reason why I won't buy VW or Audi. The Audi was never less than $1,500 each visit!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Yes, my brother's A4 is another reason why I won't buy VW or Audi. The Audi was never less than $1,500 each visit!
    What year is/was it? I'm considering buying an A4.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingInABlueDream View Post
    My wife also had an A4 (2001) and the repair cost of absolutely anything made me roll my eyes in disgust.

The emissions scam was certainly disheartening, but no more so than the decades long head gasket issue Subaru refused to do right by their customers with. I dealt with it, my brother dealt with it and l couldn't even tell you how many friends. I know you have had good luck with your car, but the history of Subaru is a huge turn off to me.

There are basically five models of cars that come in the configuration we want: five doors, awd, manual transmission, decent gas mileage. Alltrack, Sportwagen, Forrester, Crosstrek and Compass. The VW driving dynamics is far superior than the others. We chose the Alltrack for the added ground clearance over the Sportwagen

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingInABlueDream View Post
    No idea. It has been about 10 years or so. It was an early-2000's model.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The emissions scam was certainly disheartening, but no more so than the decades long head gasket issue Subaru refused to do right by their customers with. I dealt with it, my brother dealt with it and l couldn't even tell you how many friends. I know you have had good luck with your car, but the history of Subaru is a huge turn off to me.

There are basically five models of cars that come in the configuration we want: five doors, awd, manual transmission, decent gas mileage. Alltrack, Sportwagen, Forrester, Crosstrek and Compass. The VW driving dynamics is far superior than the others. We chose the Alltrack for the added ground clearance over the Sportwagen

So far my car only has 23k on it. I certainly am wary of this potential issue. Hope it doesn't become a problem.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

So far my car only has 23k on it. I certainly am wary of this potential issue. Hope it doesn't become a problem.
    It most likely will not be an issue for you. The only true way to avoid a Subaru head gasket issue is to get a turbo, they always have utilized a much higher quality material for the turbo motor's head gasket due to increased pressure. That being said, as far back as the second half of m/y 2004 they have improved. That was when they made the initial change to a new design. Then in 09 and 11 they went in and did another few changes here and there.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information