Subaru - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    They do. They just don't sell it in the United States. You can still buy one in Japan, Australia, and Europe.
    Here's the Brit Subaru Legacy link. They don't even sell the sedan there.
    http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/legacy/

Even more annoying, in the UK, you can get it with a 2.0L turbodiesel boxer that puts out a healthy 258 foot-pounds of torque with 55 mpg highway. It's only 150 hp so 0-60 won't exactly snap your neck back but it will do fine climbing hills and accelerating up on-ramps.
    kinda like how Mazda offers a 6 wagon in Australia and it's one of the better selling vehicles in that country.

Somebody really needs to come up with an affordable import company to bring car models that are available in other countries here to the States. I really have a hard time believing that the vehicles available overseas are built to emission and safety standards that are that much different than here in the USA.

In the UK and Japan you can get a manual transmission AWD diesel Mazda CX-5. I'd buy that car tomorrow if it was available to me here. You can't even get a manual transmission AWD gas model here. that blows

Call the company Green Imports. Suckers like me would pay hefty premiums for the vehicles and never realize any savings with the fuel economy over the increased purchase price, but at least we'd get a manual transmission vehicle with all wheel drive and torque, which is really all I want.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Call the company Green Imports. Suckers like me would pay hefty premiums for the vehicles and never realize any savings with the fuel economy over the increased purchase price, but at least we'd get a manual transmission vehicle with all wheel drive and torque, which is really all I want.
    You'd really buy a grey market car with no warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    You'd really buy a grey market car with no warranty?
    Good point. I wonder how the re-insurers would react to such a situation. Mazda doesn't offer a very aggressive warranty. 3 years, 36 miles bumper to bumper on new cars. It cost me $1500 to extend that to 7 years 100K on my recent Mazda 3 purchase. I'm not much of a wheeler and dealer when buying cars. I research the msrp going in and what the average sale price is and as long as I'm within $500, I'll buy the car. With the promotions going on when I bought my 3, that $1500 extended warranty expense brought the cost of the vehicle to $300 more than MSRP. I can live with that. I'd imagine reinsurance on an imported grey car wouldn't be that much different / more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDork View Post
    Whats the difference between 5 door and wagon?
    nobody can answer this? When I saw the "Subaru doesn't make a wagon any more" I was confused. 4 door with hatchback to me is a station wagon...
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

nobody can answer this? When I saw the "Subaru doesn't make a wagon any more" I was confused. 4 door with hatchback to me is a station wagon...
    Put an Outback side-by-side with a Legacy wagon (but not in North America where you'd have to use the Legacy sedan). The Outback is a crossover SUV (barely), not a wagon. Much higher. Less aerodynamic. It costs you MPG and the handling degrades some.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Is that UK MPG? Their imperial MPG is higher than our MPG measurements. Assuming that is imperial MPG, that would be still be 45.6 US MPG, better than a VW TDI.

Why Subaru doesn't see fit to bring that over here I don't know. WV sells WAY more TDIs than gas Wagens in the USA.
    The reason Subaru of America didn't bring in the turbodiesel Legacy Wagon was it only came with a manual transmission and Subaru USA thought they wouldn't have enough buyers for it with manual only. They didn't(maybe still don't) have an automatic transmission that could handle the torque of the 2.0 Turbodiesel. I would have bought one but I'm an owner of the ultra rare one year only Legacy GT Wagon with Manual trans. Since Subaru gave up on wagons, my wife and I will probably be giving up on Subaru. She currently drives a WRX wagon. Our next car(s) could be either the VW TDI wagon or the CX-5 hopefully diesel with manual?

All of the new 5-doors have less cargo space than the previous wagon version. The rear roof line comes down at more of an angle than the more squared off wagons cutting out cargo space.

I think its nitpicking to say they aren't wagons... When I was a kid a station wagon was a huge freakin boat... My friends dad had a Town and Country station wagon, nothing today compares to something like that...

Wait Till Next Year!!!

Has anyone noticed how much the new Ford escape looks like the mazda CX5, my wife has a 2008 escape and wants to get a new one I was looking at her materials and was surprsed at the resemblance

Thread Information