Subaru - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDork View Post
    New question: Looking at the Outback and Crosstrek. AFA the outback, I would tend toward the 4 cylinder. Not doing any towing or racing. Any reason why I would want to consider the bigger 6 cylinder for a ski car?
    Pulling onto a highway on ramp with a full load could be a little adventurous in a 4 cyl Outback. 173 hp and 174 foot-pounds of torque with a CVT for a 3500 pound car with 4 people, the back stuffed with groceries, and a fiberglass pod on the Thule bars is going to feel sluggish climbing hills and accelerating to highway speed or to pass somebody. If you want 30 mpg on regular gas, that's the penalty you'd pay.

It would be a much bigger deal out west where engine performance at 7 to 8,000 feet goes to hell.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    I have a 2011 Outback with the CVT, and once you learn "how" to drive it, even fully loaded, it gets out of its own way pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    I have a 2011 Outback with the CVT, and once you learn "how" to drive it, even fully loaded, it gets out of its own way pretty well.
    Does PETA get after you for flogging those squirrels?

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Ditto . Have not experienced any pickup problems on ramps or passing uphill with my 2012.
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

The crosstrek is a waste of money IMO.

4-5K more for a lifted Impreza? Sorry Ill take the Impreza with coilovers and save 3k.

Heard they are severely underpowered. New Imprezas arent that powerful to begin with and its going to be a nightmare in the crosstrek. Seems like a marketing ploy to me more than anything.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

The 2.5L is a novelty in Europe. Most of their car is sold w/ the 2.0 diesel engine... the others come with 2.0 fuel engine. You can forget about a 6cyl Subaru in Europe... no one would want that...

It's not all about horsepowers. I took a trip w/ a friend thru NM, AZ and UT in a Impreza with 2 bike racks and a box on top. We averaged 26.x MPG. Pretty good to have the conservative CVT and 2.0L engine. My forester does around 24 MPG with nothing attached to it... with a roof rack and a box, i'm sure it would go down to 21-22 MPG... and the way my gf drives, we can sometimes average below 20mpg in the city.

So the Impreza isn't underpowered... it's an AWD Honda Civic... not everyone likes and wants the Civic SI... that's why the new impreza is selling pretty good north of the border!

Now think how great it would be to have the DIESEL engine over here in North America!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Don't forget that the Crosstek is basically an impreza with more ground clearance... kind of like the old Impreza Outback
    i've always like the previous outback wagon body style. if i were shopping for a new car the Crosstrek would be high on my list.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The crosstrek is a waste of money IMO.

4-5K more for a lifted Impreza? Sorry Ill take the Impreza with coilovers and save 3k.
    I'm currently debating the crosstrek vs the impreza and not sold either way yet. If your numbers were correct the impreza would be a clear winner for me. But they aren't. An impreza equipped like a crosstrek (impreza sport premium) is only about $1,200 less than the crosstrek. That $1,200 clearly includes a bit of marketing - but also a beefier suspension and towing capability, plus the ground clearance. That's what's making it a tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    I'm currently debating the crosstrek vs the impreza and not sold either way yet. If your numbers were correct the impreza would be a clear winner for me. But they aren't. An impreza equipped like a crosstrek (impreza sport premium) is only about $1,200 less than the crosstrek. That $1,200 clearly includes a bit of marketing - but also a beefier suspension and towing capability, plus the ground clearance. That's what's making it a tough call.
    I saw one of those in the lot at Cannon early in the season. I had seen one. I like it enough to look it up online. I would go orange though. I would condiser it if the FJ goes away.

Replacing the Tundra? How was the repair on it go? BTW.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I saw one of those in the lot at Cannon early in the season. I had seen one. I like it enough to look it up online. I would go orange though. I would condiser it if the FJ goes away.

Replacing the Tundra? How was the repair on it go? BTW.
    Haha...I hate the orange! But that's what the wife likes, so we'll see...

Tundra has been in the shop for a week with at least another week to go. Prob around $8K in body work when said and done. The accident isn't really the reason for car shopping but it was the catalyst. Just time to improve on MPG. I have owned trucks since I was 17. A subaru would be a culture change. But I'm not afraid.

Thread Information